Spent just one say in the hotel, in special circumstances. My wife was feeling bad after strong wind in safari.
The personnel was very helpfull, knew exactly what to do, called the doctor from the moment we arrived and insisted untill he arrived fast.
Besides that, the rooms are having a very imaginative design and cosy atmosphere.
In the morning we found the best breakfast on South Africa (and we've been to Cape Grace, Lee Manor etc), with caviar, oysters and champagne.
A special mention for the positioning, surrounded by great restaurants, vibrant life at dinner and nice (but expensive) shopping locations.
Most of all, a safe area in Johanesburg.
Really positive surprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn’t ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Alternatively, catch the courtesy shuttle from the Gautrain station straight to the hotel where you immediately feel the pulse of urban Africa. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where décor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Marriott and Tingo so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg