I start by saying that I am fan of the Four Seasons Group.
I stayed in this hotel before the Four Seasons took over and I must say that I preferred it. Firstly they took away the sky pool which was fabulous but that is a small point. The service is very shoddy.
I had breakfast in the room in the morning and found it outside my front door in the evening, very poor. The hot water in the bathroom was off and on and the waiting staff in the restaurant were not well trained.
To be fair, the hotel only opened eight weeks ago however they are charging customers so that I think it fair to review them. I would wait before coming here, give it 12 months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg welcomes you to a self-contained sanctuary in the affluent Westcliff residential area. Perched on a cliffside, this resort-style retreat offers panoramic views over the neighbouring Johannesburg Zoo and the dense tree canopy of the city's prestigious northern suburbs. The ambience is like a sun-splashed Mediterranean village laced with courtyards, fountains and gardens. Fully transformed, the hotel's 117 guest rooms and suites offer cool, contemporary decor inspired by modern Africa. Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg is a lively social hub for the city's elite, and the first choice for business and holiday travellers - providing a pampering start or finish for a South African safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Despegar.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Johannesburg