I did not stay a the hotel. I visited "Flames" with a dear friend for her birthday to celebrate over bubbles and snacks.
From arrival the guards were friendly and helpful as the entrance that day had changed (paving work) and the gentleman who drives the golf cart to the lift was friendly. I met a chef in the lift who engaged me in conversation as to why I was there, and was not aloof. as you step out of the life you are greeted warmly and assisted.
We chose a table right by the pool with a stunning view, even better just after a JHB thunderstorm!
The service was ok. I know we were not eating a full meal, and I was making use of a complimentary card, however, I still don't feel I should be the one always trying to gain a waiter's attention! The snack food was delicious, beautifully presented on interesting platters with fabulous cutlery (ooooh, I wanted to take it home for my dinner table!). A little pricey, but then this is an upmarket hotel - don't think you are going to be filled on the portions.
The restaurant filled as dark descended so I do suggest you book. It seemed that many used "Flames" as a special venue, a place to celebrate, or get romantic. And romantic it is as the light changes, candles are lit, the pool is illuminated and your look over the stars and skyline of JHB.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg welcomes you to a self-contained sanctuary in the affluent Westcliff residential area. Perched on a cliffside, this resort-style retreat offers panoramic views over the neighbouring Johannesburg Zoo and the dense tree canopy of the city's prestigious northern suburbs. The ambience is like a sun-splashed Mediterranean village laced with courtyards, fountains and gardens. Fully transformed, the hotel's 117 guest rooms and suites offer cool, contemporary decor inspired by modern Africa. Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg is a lively social hub for the city's elite, and the first choice for business and holiday travellers - providing a pampering start or finish for a South African safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Despegar.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Johannesburg