The hotel has closed for upgrades and this review is perhaps of no help but is my own attempt at thank you to the Westcliff team. This was my favourite hotel in Joburg on the back of 4+ years of visits to the city, at least once per month and my last visit was in May 2013.
There were so many positives (the tangibles for now): the room size, balconies (not something common in mordern hotels and one the smoker in me appreciates), the quality of the bathroom and bed, the peace and quiet after a long business day, the security, the logistics across the hotel area, and one of the best breakfast views in the city ! I have seen few properties live up to their obligations of providing hospitality - the Westcliff was one of them.
I have seen the ocassional lapses and there are limitations e.g. service response times (I understand primarily due to the hotel layout !), a small spa, a room service menu that required upgrades, the hotel location from shopping and other entertainment areas (compensated for by the good shuttle connectivity), some ageing furniture.
Thank you to the team for the years of genuine warmth, excceptional can-do attitude, the service and so many other intangible but visible positive qualities. The Four Seasons will need to come up with an exceptional product to top the iconic Westcliff reputation. But for now I am (temporarily I think) testing several options to find other properties I can connect with and so far the 4 alternative properties do not come close to the WestCliff hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Much acclaimed and soon more impressive than ever, Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg welcomes you to a self-contained sanctuary in an affluent residential area. Perched on a cliffside, this resort-style retreat offers panoramic views over the neighbouring Johannesburg Zoo and the dense tree canopy of the city's prestigious northern suburbs. The ambience is like a sun-splashed Mediterranean village laced with courtyards, fountains and gardens. Fully transformed, the hotel's 117 guest rooms and suites offer cool, contemporary decor inspired by modern Africa. Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg is destined to become a lively social hub for the city's elite, and the first choice for business and holiday travellers - providing a pampering start or finish for a South African safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Johannesburg