Went here while in Johannesburg for business. The suites were the nicest I have ever stayed in, both in terms of amenities, size, and great terraces. The facility is like a Mediterranean village, with hidden paths and surprises everywhere. The view of the city was magnificent. Mobile phone and Internet access were all first rate. Multiple swimming pools, including one that is heated quite nicely. There are a few things to note, however. The place is build on the side of a very steep hill, so there are lots of steps. They have a shuttle service, but if you want to get from one place to another on short notice, you will get a workout. Found it quite humorous that the gym has stair climbers. The other thing is that the evening dining choices are limited to either the formal restaurant (good and reasonably priced), and maybe the sports bar.
- Also Known As:
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Johannesburg’s most iconic hotel offers spectacular views of the lush forested suburbs of Johannesburg and the Zoological Gardens. Set on the historic Westcliff Ridge the hotel offers spacious rooms and suites, an on site gym and the holistic Botanica Spa SuitesLa Belle Terrasse restaurant is a beautiful terrace where guests can enjoy South Africa’s local produce. Traditional Teas are served in the sunny Loggia restaurant and the stylish Polo Bar is a must for Tapas and sundowners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Westcliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.