I have stayed at this Hotel many times and am never disappointed. The rooms are absolutely beautiful, spacious with ovely amenities, the pool area is so relaxing and the staff a pleasure to deal with from the front door man to your housemaid. Little shop at reception sells some lovely things which are not too expensive. Plenty of local shopping 5-15 minutes away anyway.
The restaurants at The Westcliff are fabulous - breakfast is delicious with lots to choose from and the selection is continually refreshed. The view overlooking the main pool and Joburg Zoo is just amazing and when the jacarandas are in bloom you never want to leave. Wait staff are just so professional, our particular waiter remembered each day exactly what we wanted to drink in the way of juices, coffees for our party of 4. The Polo Lounge is also good value and the main restaurant for dinner is not to be missed. We were celebrating a special occasion and it was made more special by the wonderful service we received. Off the premises in surrounding areas there are lots of good restaurants including the fun Moyo at Zoo Lake.
Dont miss the little village of Parkview 5 mins away - gorgeous coffee shops and Seringa Living is worth having a look thru for lovely African collectables.
My experience at the spa was not fabulous but could not take away from a wonderful stay just don't knock yourself out to fit in a treatment would be my advice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Much acclaimed and soon more impressive than ever, Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg welcomes you to a self-contained sanctuary in an affluent residential area. Perched on a cliffside, this resort-style retreat offers panoramic views over the neighbouring Johannesburg Zoo and the dense tree canopy of the city's prestigious northern suburbs. The ambience is like a sun-splashed Mediterranean village laced with courtyards, fountains and gardens. Fully transformed, the hotel's 117 guest rooms and suites offer cool, contemporary decor inspired by modern Africa. Four Seasons Hotel Westcliff Johannesburg is destined to become a lively social hub for the city's elite, and the first choice for business and holiday travellers - providing a pampering start or finish for a South African safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Johannesburg