We stayed here for our anniversary for one night. The room 205 was great with quick access to a private plunge pool. Drinks and dinner and the polo club was great with exceptional service from the staff who were happy to chat with us while we sat around for drinks. We really felt like we were in holiday for the one night and were made to feel welcome. Charges for food and drinks are on the pricey side but in line with 5 star hotels. Breakfast we felt was expensive at R200 per person but still tasty.
The main swimming pool has a great view over jhb and well worth a dip in. As it was our anniversary they decorated our room with rose petals- a sweet touch thanks! We can not fault the hotel on anything except that they forgot to deliver out newspapers in the morning.
- Also Known As:
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Johannesburg’s most iconic hotel offers spectacular views of the lush forested suburbs of Johannesburg and the Zoological Gardens. Set on the historic Westcliff Ridge the hotel offers spacious rooms and suites, an on site gym and the holistic Botanica Spa SuitesLa Belle Terrasse restaurant is a beautiful terrace where guests can enjoy South Africa’s local produce. Traditional Teas are served in the sunny Loggia restaurant and the stylish Polo Bar is a must for Tapas and sundowners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Westcliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.