After experiencing some diificulty with our initial requests when doing the reservation, all our expectations were satisfied. At arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite, the room was spasious and well equipped, lovely bathroom, good linen etc. We received a complimentary bottle of champagne and that was the standard of service set for the remainder of the weekend. Afternoon cocktails and tapas at The Polo Bar was a highlight, beautiful view over the zoo and rimflow pool. Dinner at the restaurant, La belle Terrace did not meet our expectations. Saterday afternoon "high Tea" was a delight, one can surely plan a whole day around the "high tea". Gardens in the hotel area are immaculate. The buildings are probably due for a revamp/maintenance. It was a very relaxing weekend I would definitely recommend.
- Also Known As:
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel Johannesburg
- The Westcliff By Orient-Express Hotel
- Westcliff Hotel Johannesburg
- Westcliff Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Johannesburg’s most iconic hotel offers spectacular views of the lush forested suburbs of Johannesburg and the Zoological Gardens. Set on the historic Westcliff Ridge the hotel offers spacious rooms and suites, an on site gym and the holistic Botanica Spa SuitesLa Belle Terrasse restaurant is a beautiful terrace where guests can enjoy South Africa’s local produce. Traditional Teas are served in the sunny Loggia restaurant and the stylish Polo Bar is a must for Tapas and sundowners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westcliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.