“Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Court Morningside Sandton

You added Garden Court Morningside Sandton to your Saves list
Garden Court Morningside Sandton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Rivonia Road & Cullinan Close | Morningside, Johannesburg 2146, South Africa   |
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Johannesburg
Newcastle, South Africa
“Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

It was an excellent experience. I have been visiting the facility and the service unequaled! The rooms were good and always tidy. The location is strategic in the sense that it far away fro central Johannesburg. It is an ideal place for relaxing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

ssmonte, General Manager at Garden Court Morningside Sandton, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Victor,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Garden Court Morningside Sandton,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Catia Viegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stay in Soweto so we decided to take a short left with my ladies, to our surprise the place it’s worth every cent we saved, it’s just home away from home our kids loved the Pool.The food is to die for,its near

Room Tip: facing the pool the view up on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ssmonte, General Manager at Garden Court Morningside Sandton, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Tebogo,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Garden Court Morningside Sandton,

I am very pleased to read your review and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. You now have a new "home away from home".

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

First time staying at this hotel. Quality was good and the breakfast was superb. The hotel bar/restaurant, Riffs, was friendly and the food was divine. I seriously recommend either the ribs or the fillet. The hotel wifi is a pain, you have to log back in every time you leave the hotel and return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ssmonte, General Manager at Garden Court Morningside Sandton, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review posted,

Please could you however confirm at which hotel you stayed as you make mention of the restaurant Riffs - that is located at the Garden Court at Sandton City. I am therefore pressuming that is where you were staying and the review is not for my property.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed for a business trip recently. Good hotel with excellent and friendly staff. Good size room and a very comfortable bed, which after a long, overnight flight from London was soon tested. Emailed in advance with some requests and these were accomodated without any problem. breakfast was very good with a wide selection of hot and cold food with plenty of healty options.
The only thing that scored a negative was the single glazing on the windows. I appreciate that given the climate double glazing isn't as important compared to a European country, but the noise from the main road did disturb the sleep on every night I was there. Overall a popular and efficient hotel with good facilities and excellent staff.

Room Tip: SAk for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ssmonte, General Manager at Garden Court Morningside Sandton, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Garden Court Morningside Sandton,

I was pleased to read your review and your comments posted. Thank you for the value add comments regarding the double glazing on our windows.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Durban
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night in November, room 300. Room 300 is up a flight of stairs - there is no lift. It was quiet (as requested). The room had a view of the garden,pool, terrace and exercise room. It was comfortable and nicely furnished. I liked that there is a separate shower cubicle, and bath and the bathroom is an actual separate room. A nice touch is that there is a rail inside the shower cubicle above the door for hanging small personal wet items, and there were biscuits provided along with the tea making paraphenalia. The television was pretty small, but I didn't have time to watch tv on this trip. The free wifi was perfectly useable while I was there. There is a pizza restuarant situated in the parking lot, which seems quite popular - judging by the scarcity of open parking bays and street parking around supper time.

The staff were all friendly and when I enquired about a shuttle ride were extremely conscientous about calling me from the breakfast room when the shuttle had arrived. As a solo female traveller, I felt safe and looked out for in this hotel.
The breakfast included in my rate was tasty with a good selection of foods, and the free shuttle service to the Gautrain station and the Sandton Convention centre came in very handy. A special mention is deserved by one of the shuttle drivers, who dropped me off at Nelson Mandela Square, unprompted, when I was the last person in the shuttle and he knew that was where I had an appointment because I had asked for directions.

The technical issues I encountered, however, were a big timewaster and frustrating.

(1) The room key cards are constantly losing their settings, so almost every single time I wanted to get into my room I had to make at least one (often more than 1) trip down to reception to get the card rekeyed. I wasn't the only person with this problem - other guests appeared to be affected by this as well. I strongly suggest hotel management looks into what the issue is with the cards (or doors?) and gets it resolved as a matter of urgency.

(2) I also had a problem with my room safe on the morning I was leaving. At first I thought I had entered the pin wrong, and then I figured maybe I had forgotten the pin, but when Maintenance came to reset the pin, it turns out that their override mechanism wasn't working either. It was quite a long process, and eventually they had to drill into the safe to get it open. Everyone involved was quite pleasant and trying to be helpful, but I could have done without the delay - my friends were sitting waiting for me to check out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ssmonte, General Manager at Garden Court Morningside Sandton, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to post your response on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Garden Court Morningside Sandton,

We will certainly take your comments regarding the keys and safe as valuable feedback. We fully acknowledge that technology can sometimes let us down,

I am however very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel often and I have no complaints with regards to the services or staff. The breakfast buffet is still very good although perhaps the friendliness has gone down a bit. Suitable sized room, and close to Sandton City. A small gripe perhaps about the quality and availability of wifi. Its a good option to return to.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ssmonte, Manager at Garden Court Morningside Sandton, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sonya,

Please see message sent directly to your profile earlier today

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the comfort, location and service. Breakfast is rich and tasty and I have no comments apart from 1 major point which is very signifficant for people like myself - the Internet supply in this hotel is slow, inefficient, and annoying! In my opinion - it MUST be improved asap!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Please see the response sent directly to your profile earlier today,

Catia Viegas

Been to Garden Court Morningside Sandton? Share your experiences!