I stayed here for two nights recently. The rooms are small but tidy. The aircon is outdated and noisy. The tv is so small it would be better on the seatback for a long haul flight.
I am a member of their frequent guest program and paid for the room using points. I was not greeted by name at reception as is the standard for frequent guests at the Southern Sun hotels. They also asked how I planned to pay for the room and when I explained and showed them again the confirmation papers from the website there was a lot of umming and eventually the reception lady went away to sort out the issue. I was made to wait almost 30 min while they sorted out their paperwork. It was all in order as I had pointed out. I didn't need that after a long drive.
On a positive the pool area is lovely and the breakfast was excellent. On the first day it would have been nice if the Macon had been labelled as such instead of being called bacon but that is a small niggle.
I don't think I would stay here again for a weekend away as it does not meet the normal Garden Court standards but it would be fine for an overnight business stay.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court Morningside Hotel Johannesburg
- Garden Court Morningside Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Johannesburg hotel offers its guests comfort and affordable luxury in the heart of one of the city’s most fashionable suburbs. Allowing convenient access to many of Joburg’s attractions, it is the ideal base from which to conduct business or engage in leisure pursuits. Morningside offers convenience, but still provides peace and quiet at the city’s perimeter, so that visitors can relax amidst the bustle of this vibrant metropolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Garden Court Morningside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.