“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of StayEasy Eastgate

StayEasy Eastgate
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
StayEasy Eastgate
You added StayEasy Eastgate to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 South Boulevard road | Bruma, Johannesburg 2026, South Africa (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Johannesburg
Luanda, Angola
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed for 5 days and enjoyed. Just need to work more the staff. I reserved a room with couple bed and when i arrieved they gave me a room with twin beds, something that left me very upset.
But in resume, i liked my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lusaka Province, Zambia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I had stayed over here. A day before I left the country I had bought 500g of chocolates and left it in the room cause in the morning I had to go out. When I came back to my room I don't find my chocolates so I complained to the manager and he kept on saying he can't do anything then I said write it on the piece of paper, he refused then I said let me record you saying you can't do anything he kept quiet for 15 minutes. It shows that the manager doesn't care about his customers that's terrible! The manager can go through the housekeeping list to see you cleaned the room. But he just wasted my time. This hotel is not safe at all! I could only say best of luck! Thanks.

• Stayed January 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel is very neat, friendly staffs, easy check in and out, but can we have different meals each day? It was too monotonous and Christmas with you was very boring and please improve on telephone customer service, we didn't get much help from your team when we called from out of south Africa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very disapointed that i couldnt get breakfast, area was fairly busy and all the empty tables were dirty and no one to clean up. Has to sit at a dirty table with dirty plates from the earlier customer. Asked the staff to clean up but was ignored. The eggs were finished but managed to salvage 2 pieces of cold bacon and a slice of toast. Asked the staff if there was any more and was ignored.' will never use a stay easy hotel again.

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Wat I liked
Next to Eastgate shopping mall
Reasonable price
Breakfast included
Friendly reception staff

Wat I didn't like
Wifi only free for one gadget per room even if you book a double room only one gadget can access the free wifi. Very annoying especially if u r 2 in a room.
There was some strong smell in th room. Smelt like dust coming from the carpet or smoke somewhere. I stayed in room 325 and I could not sleep because of breathing difficulties.

• Stayed October 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Tried to check in early but I was disappointed as I had to pay about 50% extra for this facility. I landed in Johannesburg at 7am and was at the hotel by around 8:30. I had to either wait for check in or pay in additional funds to get a room immediately, which I did. The rooms are not bad but are small. For wifi I was given instructions to log on but the reception was really bad. Breakfast is basic but quick. Tea and Coffee with machines but it's fine if you're on the go. A decent hotel at a budget price. Good location to the airport, about 20 mins by car or taxi, traffic dependent. R200 for a taxi, R190 for the hotel shuttle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My 3rd stay and as always excellent service from staff, Dumasani was outstanding as usual and remembered my name from my first stay last year.

Rooms are extremely comfortable and well maintained by house keeping.

Found all staff to be extremely friendly

Will be back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to StayEasy Eastgate? Share your experiences!