“Lovely setting, massage and lunch good, services & facilities basic to poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Pyramid Day Spa

The Pyramid Day Spa
96 Eloff Street Extension | Village Deep, Selby, Johannesburg 2137, South Africa
+27 11 493 5526
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 87 Activities in Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Winner of the 2014 World Luxury Day Spa Award, and 2011 Les Nouvelles Esthetiques Spa of The Year in South Africa. The Pyramid Day Spa has winding corridors and breathtaking passages, which allows the guest to feel like they are on a journey of discovery, around each corner is like discovering a new treasure, and uncovering havens of opulence. The Pyramid Day Spa offers 10 treatment rooms including two private luxurious executive couples suite with own private steam shower and jet bath, three rooms with private en-suite outdoor shower facility, Garden of Jeb relaxation area, Outdoor Pool area with waterfall and the Hapi dining area.
“Lovely setting, massage and lunch good, services & facilities basic to poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Physical space is beautiful but I suggest visitors keep to individual services vs packages. There were 4 of us women for half day package & we started it with relaxing sit by jacuzzi. We then proceeded to what was supposed to be a steam room with very little steam in it and actually cool in temperature..we were instructed to use the little dishes of body scrub and mud to rub on ourselves and on each other & then alternatively wash off with water. Standing there nude and shivering with my friends and scrubbing each others backs was nit mu idea of being pampered at a spa, I would have liked to be lying down in warm room with staff applying scrub and washing it off. In addition to no steam to speak of, the water was either boiling hot or freezing cold & I had to leave to wash off in shower. I then had a very good body massage but shared the room with a friend without being consulted or asked. I prefer having a massage without hearing whispering & movements of someone next to me. The visit ended with a sandwich/salad lunch which was just ok...like I said, stick to specific services

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Relaxing day at the spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently went to the Pyramid Day Spa, and I must say that I was taken aback by how exquisite the place looks. The staff were professional, friendly and very helpful. The services were very relaxing. I enjoyed a wonderful Swedish massage followed by a facial. The food was excellent with lots of great choices. I enjoyed the Sushi.

My only complaint was that my stay was not longer....

Lee Dlamini

Visited September 2012
“Total Alignment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

All the senses, all the physical, emotional and spiritual bodies are brought into alignment following a visit to The Pyramid. we were execeptionally fortunate to experience a most delightful morning of indulgence, which had been performed with grace, attention to detail and supreme hospitality, leaving one with the feeling that one had really had an out of body experience in ancient more decadent times.
highly recommended again again, and their specials are worth waiting for and making the trip into the city for.
especially nice for a group of friends to indulge togther and finish off with a lunch!

Visited November 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
“best GIFT i have received”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The tranquility of the place.Clean and very professional staff.you could choose from the type of massage requested and it was a day well spent

Visited June 2012
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic retreat, in the middle of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I LOVE the Pyramid Day Spa, its one of my very favourite spas in Joburg. The venue is awesome, with modern Egyptian design. Its very beautiful and tranquil, especially the outside area where you can lounge between treatments. The lunches are tasty and healthy (love the vegetarian wrap!). Their treatments are incredibly relaxing and very professional. Their massages are beautifully done.

Tip: Treat yourself to the Rasul of Ah, which is a full exfoliation/steam room/meditation in one! Love it. Also, watch out for their winter specials, they are great value for money and they often throw in lunch.

Visited January 2012