“Vevo in Lonehill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vovo Telo

Vovo Telo
Parkhurst Cobbles Centre, 4th Avenue, Parkhurst, Tel 011 447 5939, Johannesburg, South Africa
011 447 5939
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
South Africa
“Vevo in Lonehill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It is different then most restaurants, fresh bread. Mmmmm
Sitting ourside is nice, but in Lonehill the view is the parking area. That is a pitty. On a hot day, thre is steam, cooling down the area. Lovely
. The price is a bit higher then normal!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I like the basic menu and the fact that you can buy goods to take home with you. The food is good quality fare.

Visited August 2012
Pretoria, South Africa
“The food and service are excellent but the new prices are a bit of a shock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Vovo Telo makes excellent food and the coffee is the best you can get anywhere. What made it such a regular treat was the affordability, but they have recently made a huge jump in prices...perhaps unavoidably, but it means we can't visit as often!

Visited September 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
“yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

very good coffee, great fresh bread, good vibe at all the branches ... also pet friendly so your mutt can come along for a sunday brunch

Visited September 2012
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Nice food but they can’t cope with the size of the restaurant….”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went for brunch here on Sunday the 26th of August. The restaurant was full, but we were lucky enough to get a table inside out of the sun. We managed to catch our waiter to place our orders for drinks. The first time was ok for those who ordered coffee, but I had to wait nearly twenty minutes for a pot of tea. After the first order, the whole experience went downhill. All subsequent drink orders were either forgotten or wrong.

It took ages to order our food. When we did place our order, it took forever to come to the table. I might add that our waiter forgot one of the orders and had to confirm with the person who ordered it (you should always write it down). During our brunch, I noticed another table had left without paying because the waiter stuffed-up their order. Following this, I had low expectations for my brunch.

In terms of the quality of the food I have to say that Vovo Telo offers affordable and quality options. I had the reuben sandwich and carrot cake, both which were fresh and very tasty. Everyone else seemed to enjoy the quality of their meal.

I’m giving Vovo Telo an ‘average’ rating because they offer nice food at good prices, but their lax attitude to service/attention to detail lets them down. This isn’t the first time we’ve experience this problem at Vovo Telo in Parkhurst. The past two experiences have been similar. I suppose I’ll have to go with lower expectations…

• Visited August 2012