“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wilderness, South Africa
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have always supported Ocean Basket as their food is aways good, and quite honestly, is really excellent value for money. It annoys me that other restaurants can charge almost double for their similar dishes, and just don't do it as well as Ocean Basket. The Village Salad is really good, and no matter what you order, whether it be a combo or just prawns or fish, the food is good.My only annoyance is being served my food to eat in a frying pan. I don't eat my food out of a frying pan at home so don't expect to eat out of one in a restaurant. But they can be forgiven for this. My latest visit was to Montecasino and the service was good. However my only gripe is that they serve frozen chips.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Consistently good seafood...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I always enjoy going to Ocean Basket as I know exactly what I'm going to get every time! Portions are a good size and the service is always excellent.

Visited December 2012
“Good wholesome food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

For a quick bite, Ocean Basket is fine. We were recently a fairly large group visiting the OB, and the service was not up to standard. Maybe it was the waiter, he did seem to have a hearing problem. Ocean Basket used to be my preferred fish venue, maybe I've had too much of their food, but I do not enjoy it anymore. It however remains good wholesome food - and I love their dedication to sustainable fisheries.

Visited December 2012
Randburg
“Good fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We love to go out to Ocean Basket, Brightwater Commons. The fish is always fresh and well prepared, table salad always the first dish we order. The chips need to be changed, not so nice. Overall a friendly and well managed place. Loved the Greek night we spend there.

Visited October 2012
“lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Food is always fresh, value for money. The staff and local diners are always well behaved. The food is great - the only problem is that they do not always cater for the large number of diners in a day and they run out of the complimentary bread before the main meal. Otherwise great resurant - one of my favourite as my friend is a vegeterian

Visited August 2012