“once again a great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avondhu Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Avondhu Guest House
You added Avondhu Guest House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   8 Bristol Road | Saxonwold, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa   |
Ranked #19 of 261 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Durban, South Africa
“once again a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

once again a fantastic stay. the owners tanya ang george personally took care of my specific requirements. i am not difficult customer in general ,but i had some special logistical problems to take care of.George took care f that for me and i was so grateful to have that assistance at such a busy time,Made my stay at avondhu a great experience , truly a home from home.

Room Tip: all the rooms looked great cottage no 2 is my personal choice
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

Thank you Tania, for looking after me during my stay. Your friendly morning spirit rubbed
off on me.. It is not often that the owner has such a relaxed friendly presence. Your guest house speaks volumes of a homely place. Keep well. I will see you soon.

Room Tip: Cottage 4 at the tennis court.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

from the moment I arrived at Avondhu, i felt relaxed and at home. The garden, the pool and tennis court made me feel like I'm on holiday instead of a business trip. The staff are all so friendly and help-full. Nothing was to much. From silly requests to my laundry, everything got done.
I loved my afternoons after all my meetings sitting outside having a glass of wine.
The breakfasts well what can i say, i really went to work with a full stomach not wanting
to eat the rest of the day.
Thank you to Avondhu for my memorable trip.

Room Tip: cottage 4 near the tennis court is sunny and lovely
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

A few months ago my partner spent time at Avondhu. He could not praise it enough and forbade me to book in anywhere else but there if i travel to johannesburg. I can see why he was so enthusiastic about the place. Food ,Service Cleanliness are a top priority for me.Throw in beautiful surroundings and freindly helpful staff a jovial Shuttle driver to cater to all my needs and u have a winning formula. Well done guys.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are verry private
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Dear 140123456969,

Thank you so much for your review. It is so refreshing to hear a guest appreciate the work we do.

Avondhu Staff
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

What a gem my life partner and I found in the heart of johannesburg northen suburb's.We attended a fashion show and a week of buying for our capetown.shops.We had heard about AVONDU.from freinds of ours who had attended a glam parade and after party at zoo lake earlier in the year. We were treated like royalty.Best beds we have ever slept.in. Fit for a queen. breakfast was soooo yum.Thanks steff u are a fab hostess and big hugs for making our stay so homely and warm.

Room Tip: all the rooms looked great and would be happy to stay in any room
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear Seandavis2014,

I thank you very much for such a wonderful review.

Stephanie and Avondhu Staff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago for the weekend when we had to attend a wedding in the area - wish it had been much longer!! The standard of accommodation is very high, could not fault it a bit with efficient service from staff. Both Stephanie and Tania are very friendly and welcoming - star hosts! We had a very warm welcome. Lovely spacious room, immaculate. One of the best guesthouses we have stayed at and the best Eggs Benedict ever! Would certainly return again and would highly recommend Avondhu Guest House . THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: Rooms are beautiful and exactly as seen on the website and facebook page!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear Rosemary,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We do hope to see you soon.

Avondhu Staff
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

I would like to thank Stephanie for the friendly service and going the extra mile to make our stay there the best. I will recommend Avondu Guest House to everybody, this is a stunning place with outstanding staff

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dear Mecer1

Thank you very much for the great review. We wish to see you and your family soon.

Stephanie and Staff

Been to Avondhu Guest House? Share your experiences!