“great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avondhu Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Avondhu Guest House
Save Saved
You added Avondhu Guest House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   8 Bristol Road | Saxonwold, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa   |
Ranked #10 of 233 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would like to thank Stephanie for the friendly service and going the extra mile to make our stay there the best. I will recommend Avondu Guest House to everybody, this is a stunning place with outstanding staff

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mecer1

Thank you very much for the great review. We wish to see you and your family soon.

Stephanie and Staff

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just want to say thank u to all the fantastic people at avondhu guest house.for the wonderfull stay. My husband was treated at rosebank clinic on a week long outpaitient basis.Everyday we were transported to and from rosebank clinic. it was 5 minutes away from the guest house and I even went shopping in the mall nearby.Staying at the guest house was so much more affordable and also a lot of fun.Food was great and rooms so nice and also clean.We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: rooms on the top floor were nice and sunny
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Margret526

it was lovely having you here at Avondhu Guest House, I do hope that your husband is doing well and that in future you guys can come for a holiday. We hope to see you soon.

Thank you for the wonderful review.

Stephanie & Staff
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Due to yet another power out due I believe to be cable theft in our area I had to make last minute arrangements to accommodate friends that were due to stay whith us for a week.I managed to book them into Avondhu guest house at short notice. They only stayed for one night but experienced wonderful hospitality and a great breakfast.They were raving about the place and asked me to thank stephany and her wonderfull staff for making the stay one of the best experiences ever in Johannesburg.Truly a home from home.Highly recommended. veronica israelstam.

Room Tip: "Double Suite at the back of the mansion is fab"
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Veronica,

Thank you so much for your review. it is always a pleasure. I do hope that you pop in again soon.

Stephanie :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Is it possible that one can have a more luxurious and pleasant stay anywhere in South Africa but at Avondhu Guest House?
My stay at Avondhu was one of the best accommodation experiences of my life. The tranquil and very luxurious setting, spacious and fully equipped rooms, most delicious menu ever and friendly and professional staff made my trip to Johannesburg not only enjoyable beyond imagination, but also created the ideal atmosphere to relax after a tough and exhausting day of meetings in a strange city.
The owner, Tania, and her team made me feel like the guest of honour, which contributed to my overall super experience. I will not only recommend Avondhu to everyone looking for the ultimate stay in Johannesburg, I will make sure that I arrange trips for myself to Johannesburg again and again, just to be a guest at Avondhu. No hotel or guest house I have ever stayed in comes close to what this beautiful and breath taking place has to offer.
Thank you Avondhu, for making a very stressful trip one of the best experiences of my life. If you want value for money, Avondhu is it.

Room Tip: Speak to the manager Tania about your needs, she is extremely helpful and pleasant to work with.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Irma_harris

I would like to thank you for such a lovely review. We at Avondhu Guest House only strive to make each guest` stay unique and wonderful.

Hopefully when you visit next time it will be for holiday purposes and not business.

See you soon.

Lonehill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really fabulous!!This is one of the establishments that looks picture perfect in a brochure and on internet, and when you show up, it actually looks even better than the pictures.We stayed there for a week and it was a truly wonderful place to stay and the hostess Steffi made it such an enjoyable memory! They strive to make all requests perfect upon arrival. Steffi greeted us, promptly showed us the beautiful grounds and our room - wonderful, friendly hostess. The rooms are quiet, gorgeous, bright and impeccably clean. Rooms are large enough to feel yourself comfortable even for a long stay and really spotlessly clean with a super comfortable bed. The grounds are absolutely lovely! Gardens and pool are beautiful and well maintained. I would like to mention that every detail and every corner of the interiors are built with love and perfect taste. The Avondhu team are very nice people with a very gentle character of hospitality. Food absolutely delicious - do try the pancakes! Just love Avondhu and would recommend it to anyone! And not to forget their great location - close to Sandton. See you next time Avondhu and thank you for such a great memorable stay!

Room Tip: Just speak to the hostess the really do go the extra mile to assist.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
StephatAvondhu, Owner at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Msabni

What a great review. From myself and the staff it is always a pleasure to have you as our guest.
With a response like this we even want to strive work harder and do better.

Thank you for your support.

From all of us at Avondu.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at Avondhu Guest House for three nights and this was certainly my best stay at a Guest House. With a warm welcoming from Steffi I felt home straight away. The rooms are luxurious and extremely neat. After my warm rest I was overwhelmed the next morning being served with a wonderful breakfast . I was treated like an golden piece in the city of gold and certainly can not wait for my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
StephatAvondhu, Manager at Avondhu Guest House, responded to this review, August 21, 2014

I loved our little chats while sitting in the afternoon sun by the pool. I do hope that your studies are going well in the windy city.
And hopefully the wind blows you back our way.

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I recently booked into avondhu on the spur of the moment.I had a business meeting the following day.i was promptly picked up at the airport in avondhu's fab new luxury bus and deposited in what can only be described as a magnificent mansion in a well established leafy suburb. I immediately noticed that the security inside and outside the place was top notch. 24/7 CAP patrols as well as other security personel and dedicated guards. Breakfast was great service and attention to detail perfect.All in all a great stay in a homely atmosphere.HIGHLY RECOMENDED

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet room no 2 was great
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear 16969,

I am very glad that you loved the stay. Also being the first guest in the new `Avondhu Bus` was quite the adventure.

Been to Avondhu Guest House? Share your experiences!