“Old Class Elegance and Glamour!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford

You added Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford to your Saves list
Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   28a Oxford Avenue | Sandhurst, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa   |
Ranked #24 of 260 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
East London
“Old Class Elegance and Glamour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Okay, talk about room size, unbelievable!! You can park a car, and the sitting options, let me tell you, i had a couch (not a chair), two chairs, a working table with two chairs! The decor can work or can be a miss, let me qualify by saying it is "unique" and therefore I wont be unfair to the establishment, I am into airy and light decor and i love clean lines, this was different. The first room didn't work for me, it was too dark so was the furniture; the change was done seamlessly and no hassles from staff, they are pros in dealing with these things, impressive indeed. Three things that need attention to make this a really over-the-top experience: 1. The television channels need to be tuned properly so that there are sufficient sporting, news and movie options; some investment into a PVR would help as well a satellite dish that can handle the hill interference. 2. Air-conditioning is required, the rooms can be really hot and the weather has been that unkind this summer. 3. Wi-fi and cellphone reception requires some investment, it can be frustrating to be without this level of communication for two days. Otherwise, a place to revisit, a lot of "hotels" can learn a lot from this establishment. There was spa activity around the pool and I really envied those that had managed to book themselves, I had a series of meetings which I held at the top deck at the hotel, so why would I complain? I was plied with coffee, tea and juice right through the day and though left alone to work, but not completely ignored!! Well done!

Room Tip: I got the Jade room, AWESOME!!! I didn't like the room at the bottom right hand side, of the es...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oxfordstay, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on our friendly staff and large rooms! We appreciate your stay with us and will be looking forward to welcoming you again soon! In the mean time, we are upgrading our internet and phone connectivity as well as the in room entertainment. Thanks again for taking the time to recommend Sandton Boutique Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have just returned from the Sandton Boutique having spent 6 glorious days here. This hotel understands customer service. This IS 5 star customer service. Its a cliché I know, but I can honestly say I've never experienced better. The hotel is unique in style and layout with the necessary "mod-cons" available. Its tranquil in its setting, where every member of staff goes the extra mile as a matter of course. My main contact ,Juan, has my sincere gratitude organising my pick-up from the airport at 4am. The food was superb , advice was friendly and more to the point FREELY given. I will return to Jo'Burgs hidden jewel in the very near future. Keep up the good work guys!! M.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
businessgirl_9, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for your kind review! It is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again soon so that you can see the upgrades we have made in the mean time!

Thanks from the Sandton Boutique Hotel team
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

One of the most delightful experiences in hotels I ever had. The place is beautiful, paceful, the people working there, the most kind people i've ever see in a resort. Very close to Santon Mall, definitively best in Joburg to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
businessgirl_9, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words on trip advisor about your stay at Sandton Boutique Hotel. We are happy to hear that you share our enthousiasm for our hotel. We are continously working at improving our product and services and have added extra bandwith for the wifi and now have a limousine service for our guests convenience.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best wishes from beautiful Joburg!

Emmie and team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at 28A on Oxford in Feb 2013 while on business and found it to suit my needs ideally.

The room was large, comfortable and had everything I needed. The bathroom had a great large shower, was well appointed and perfect for my needs.

Of particular importance to me was the fast and reliable wifi connection that never let me down. Breakfast was included and completely adequate for my needs. I noticed too that they offered calls at 'normal' rates rather than 'hotel' rates so next time I'll explore that option.

Once I found the entrance to the hotel (there is also a gate for 28 which is an unrelated property), it was great to have secured parking. The property is quite near to the Sandton mall and therefore very convenient for business meetings, and it also has a meeting room and veranda offering possibilities to have various sizes of business meetings on-site.

I should note that I didn't swim in the pool so can't remark on that facility, although due to frequent thunderstorms there were quite a few leaves in the water that I'm sure would have been removed had I signalled my interest in a swim.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful making the overall experience a flawless one - I would certainly choose to go back when next in Jo'burg.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This boutique hotel needs to receive the best publicity review one could ever dream up. The rooms are huge and very well appointed. The batroom is amazing and also huge. Juan and his team are beyond belief with absolutely nothing too much of a problem. The location in Sandhurst Sandton is generally very safe. The welcome by all the staff was very warm and the setting of lush gardens and outdoor relaxing area truly amazing. Value for money was just amazing
it was easy to entertain guests and colleagues and ideal for the business traveller as well as the holday maker.
Good WiFi reception was available iin every room and the food was very acceptable
There was no airconditioning so on a hot evening the room could be a bit warm but a fan was in room -- this should not be a deterrent
Well done Juan and Sandton Boutique Hotel - you are just an amazing team
I will be back when next in Joburg

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I found this place through TA and it had 5* reviews and it is excellent but a little hit and miss! The staff especially the chef,come very helpful chap Ashley was very very good and exceedingly helpful. My wife arrived some hours before me to find that they didn't appear to have our booking, but Ashley came to the rescue, sorted things out and even made my wife lunch free of charge. I also booked my wife in to the spa which she tells me is excellent, she was certainly on cloud 9 when I arrived! All in all this is a beautiful guest house right in the middle of Sandton, the staff are FANTASTIC, and whilst it is a little hit and miss it beats any 5* faceless chain hotel. If you are passing through Johannesburg for pleasure or business and want something that is really friendly, good value and very beautiful look no further.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our sincere apologies for the booking error: we were changing systems at the time and with our new booking system, this cannot happen again. We hope to welcome you back soon when business brings you back to Joburg!
Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I would recommend this place to any one going to johannesburg .

Very friendly staff and overall an amazing place .

These guys also assisted in getting me an extra that I requested which isnt in their regulars.

Thanks to the whole team!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oxfordstay, Manager at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks so much for your recommendation! We hope you will stay with us again soon!

The Sandton Boutique Hotel Team

Been to Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford? Share your experiences!