“This place is a little piece of Heavan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford

Save Saved
You added Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford to your Saves list
Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   28a Oxford Avenue | Sandhurst, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa   |
Ranked #23 of 233 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“This place is a little piece of Heavan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have just returned from the Sandton Boutique having spent 6 glorious days here. This hotel understands customer service. This IS 5 star customer service. Its a cliché I know, but I can honestly say I've never experienced better. The hotel is unique in style and layout with the necessary "mod-cons" available. Its tranquil in its setting, where every member of staff goes the extra mile as a matter of course. My main contact ,Juan, has my sincere gratitude organising my pick-up from the airport at 4am. The food was superb , advice was friendly and more to the point FREELY given. I will return to Jo'Burgs hidden jewel in the very near future. Keep up the good work guys!! M.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
businessgirl_9, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for your kind review! It is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again soon so that you can see the upgrades we have made in the mean time!

Thanks from the Sandton Boutique Hotel team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

One of the most delightful experiences in hotels I ever had. The place is beautiful, paceful, the people working there, the most kind people i've ever see in a resort. Very close to Santon Mall, definitively best in Joburg to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
businessgirl_9, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words on trip advisor about your stay at Sandton Boutique Hotel. We are happy to hear that you share our enthousiasm for our hotel. We are continously working at improving our product and services and have added extra bandwith for the wifi and now have a limousine service for our guests convenience.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best wishes from beautiful Joburg!

Emmie and team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at 28A on Oxford in Feb 2013 while on business and found it to suit my needs ideally.

The room was large, comfortable and had everything I needed. The bathroom had a great large shower, was well appointed and perfect for my needs.

Of particular importance to me was the fast and reliable wifi connection that never let me down. Breakfast was included and completely adequate for my needs. I noticed too that they offered calls at 'normal' rates rather than 'hotel' rates so next time I'll explore that option.

Once I found the entrance to the hotel (there is also a gate for 28 which is an unrelated property), it was great to have secured parking. The property is quite near to the Sandton mall and therefore very convenient for business meetings, and it also has a meeting room and veranda offering possibilities to have various sizes of business meetings on-site.

I should note that I didn't swim in the pool so can't remark on that facility, although due to frequent thunderstorms there were quite a few leaves in the water that I'm sure would have been removed had I signalled my interest in a swim.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful making the overall experience a flawless one - I would certainly choose to go back when next in Jo'burg.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This boutique hotel needs to receive the best publicity review one could ever dream up. The rooms are huge and very well appointed. The batroom is amazing and also huge. Juan and his team are beyond belief with absolutely nothing too much of a problem. The location in Sandhurst Sandton is generally very safe. The welcome by all the staff was very warm and the setting of lush gardens and outdoor relaxing area truly amazing. Value for money was just amazing
it was easy to entertain guests and colleagues and ideal for the business traveller as well as the holday maker.
Good WiFi reception was available iin every room and the food was very acceptable
There was no airconditioning so on a hot evening the room could be a bit warm but a fan was in room -- this should not be a deterrent
Well done Juan and Sandton Boutique Hotel - you are just an amazing team
I will be back when next in Joburg

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I found this place through TA and it had 5* reviews and it is excellent but a little hit and miss! The staff especially the chef,come very helpful chap Ashley was very very good and exceedingly helpful. My wife arrived some hours before me to find that they didn't appear to have our booking, but Ashley came to the rescue, sorted things out and even made my wife lunch free of charge. I also booked my wife in to the spa which she tells me is excellent, she was certainly on cloud 9 when I arrived! All in all this is a beautiful guest house right in the middle of Sandton, the staff are FANTASTIC, and whilst it is a little hit and miss it beats any 5* faceless chain hotel. If you are passing through Johannesburg for pleasure or business and want something that is really friendly, good value and very beautiful look no further.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxfordstay, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our sincere apologies for the booking error: we were changing systems at the time and with our new booking system, this cannot happen again. We hope to welcome you back soon when business brings you back to Joburg!
Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I would recommend this place to any one going to johannesburg .

Very friendly staff and overall an amazing place .

These guys also assisted in getting me an extra that I requested which isnt in their regulars.

Thanks to the whole team!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oxfordstay, Manager at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks so much for your recommendation! We hope you will stay with us again soon!

The Sandton Boutique Hotel Team
Durban
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Johann and I just want to thank you all for the most incredible evening we spent hosted by you on Friday. We were treated like royalty from the first communication I received from Juan to the minute we left. Everything was just perfect. And there were so many unexpected little surprises that started with candles burning in our room and a welcome card and heart shaped sweets container on a heart shaped cushion on a table in our bedroom, to the romantic table setting by the pool. Not to mention the beautiful room we stayed in. So much thought was put into every detail of our stay which made it both enjoyable and memorable. The service was impeccable but not over bearing, allowing us to spend the quite/private time together that we needed. A home away from home. Thank you.

Hugs
Shane and Johann

Room Tip: Because it was a weekend and the hotel was not full, we were upgraded to a lovely, very large suite...