“Comfortable and well located” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rosebank Lodge Guest House to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Rosebank Lodge Guest House
75 Rutland Rd., Parkwood | Just off Oxford Rd, Rosebank, Johannesburg 2193 , South Africa   |
Ranked #19 of 233 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“Comfortable and well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed 2 nights en route back to Cape Town from an overseas holiday.
The rooms are tastefully furnished with comfy beds, free WIFI and a flat screen TV with DSTV. Our family of 3 was accommodated in 2 adjacent rooms in a small corridor of only 3 rooms which was perfect. I really don't think all 3 of us would have fitted into 1 room as they are quite small. There is underfloor heating which was necessary in the cold winter temperatures and we could have done with electric blankets on both sides of the double bed. I didn't notice any air conditioning for summer. Breakfast was varied and delicious.
The location of this guesthouse is very convenient to Rosebank shops and the Gautrain station - about a 15-20 min walk. If you have lots of luggage you may want to consider asking the guesthouse to book a cab as the route feels longer with luggage! Without luggage it is an easy walk.
We were treated kindly and efficiently and they happily gave us a late checkout on our last morning as I wasn't feeling well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wellnessanne, Manager at Rosebank Lodge Guest House, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Stone family,

Thank you for your lovely reivew.

What a pleasure it was to have you stay with us. We are delighted we were able to assist you with an extra Classic room (for one person only) at such a reduced rate for your son.
Although only 500metres from the Mall and Rosebank Gautrain station, with smaller persons alongside, it probably takes a bit longer to reach destinations.

We were sad you were not feeling so well but happy we were able to give you a late check out and trust you will soon return to excellent health.

Management and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Unfortunately we were quite disappointed not with the place or the area itself but with the way we were greated which was very rude as soon as we entered the premises. They have tried to make us feel better after that but thre was no going back I'm afraid. This is not a place I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellnessanne, General Manager at Rosebank Lodge Guest House, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
As a high standard corporate guesthouse with outstanding staff, we believe these persons must be referring to the backpacking inn of the same name down the road.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The lodge is located in a quiet leafy street in a "good" part of Johannesburg. There is good security in the streets with resident patrols.

The accommodation is excellent. The most comfortable bed and pillows I have ever used. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room is large and well equipped. NOTE that in Winter it can be cold at night, even with the under floor heating!. An in-room additional heater would be in order.

Breakfasts are adequate. The muffins are to die for! Nothing is too much trouble. I'll stay again when I go back to Johannesburg ...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Muenster, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Clean and very nice bedroom (maybe a bit small), standard bathroom. Very friendly staff, great breakfast including fresh food and pastries. Close to Rosebank Mall with lots of restaurants. Safe parking on the premises.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Excellent place, in very good location, close to Rosebank mall and city train. Rooms are big, clean and very comfortable. Service and reception is excellent, also food is very tasty. So it is definetally place I would recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Rosebank Lodge is an ideal place to stay in Johannesburg. We were upgraded to the Executive Room which was large and comfortable. The owner went out of her way to be helpful and even gave us a complimentary breakfast managed to get us into our room by 10:00am which was greatly appreciated after a long overnight flight. You can safely walk to the Gautrain and a variety of good restaurants in the Rosebank Mall. The garden is exceptionally pretty. We took advantage of the airport pick up which made getting there a breeze. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Executive Room was luxurious, with a lovely view on the garden and pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Algarve, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have just returned to Portugal after having spent two glorious weeks at the Rosebank Lodge
In December 2013 I booked to have a minor procedure at the Rosebank Hospital and then started my search for accommodation …after what I believe to have been a rather throrough search of accommodation options I chose the Rosebank Lodge for several reasons …(i) Close proximity to the Hospital / Doctor (ii) walking distance to the Gautrain …which by the way is a great method of transport …JHB CBD , Pretoria, Airport, Sandton, etc …no problem (iii) walking distance to the Rosebank shopping centre …which has a superb selection of shops, restaurants, coffee shops and much much more and last but not least I liked the look of the Rosebank Lodge and the prompt and polite response I received to my e-mails (enquiring about accommodation, location, etc)
Now for the “acid test” …on the day of arrival I was given a warm welcome by Anne (the owner) who was absolutely wonderful to me during the course of my stay …nothing was too much trouble and she went out of her way to make my stay very comfortable and enjoyable.
The accommodation was better than expected…the room was tastefully furnished, clean and very comfortable. The leisure area was just what the “doctor ordered” …lovely manicured garden surrounding the pool …each morning I enjoyed a delicious breakfast whilst enjoying the serenity of the garden and surrounds. The lounge area was comfortable with lots of reading material and gentle background music which was just perfect to go into complete “relax mode”
Now for a special mention…the support staff at the Lodge were very attentive and always smiling …what a nice surprise!....Martha was the “star of the show” she was absolutely fantastic …nothing was too much trouble in fact on several occasions she stayed on longer to ensure that I was taken care of. Martha was the lady who made my breakfast every morning …the way she prepares eggs …poached, scrambled, omelettes, fried , etc…always to perfection….needless to say… thanks to Martha´s cooking I added a few kilograms during my two week stay….Thank you Martha!
Martha also makes the most delicious rusks ..which I could not get enough of …..she always ensured that I had a sufficient stockpile in my room and also baked me some to take home….thank you Martha!
In conclusion I cannot say enough about how well I was treated and what an enjoyable time I spent at the Rosebank Lodge and would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to anyone in search of good quality and good value for money accommodation in the Gauteng area
In my opinion the Rosebank Lodge deserves a 6 out of 5 rating!
Well done Anne …keep up the good work!

Room Tip: I was in room 4 which is just perfect
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Rosebank Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!