“Great value/quality accommodation” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Rosebank Lodge Guest House to your Saves list
Rosebank Lodge Guest House
75 Rutland Rd., Parkwood | Just off Oxford Rd, Rosebank, Johannesburg 2193 , South Africa   |
Ranked #16 of 233 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Vancouver
“Great value/quality accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Rosebank Lodge is an ideal place to stay in Johannesburg. We were upgraded to the Executive Room which was large and comfortable. The owner went out of her way to be helpful and even gave us a complimentary breakfast managed to get us into our room by 10:00am which was greatly appreciated after a long overnight flight. You can safely walk to the Gautrain and a variety of good restaurants in the Rosebank Mall. The garden is exceptionally pretty. We took advantage of the airport pick up which made getting there a breeze. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Executive Room was luxurious, with a lovely view on the garden and pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Algarve, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have just returned to Portugal after having spent two glorious weeks at the Rosebank Lodge
In December 2013 I booked to have a minor procedure at the Rosebank Hospital and then started my search for accommodation …after what I believe to have been a rather throrough search of accommodation options I chose the Rosebank Lodge for several reasons …(i) Close proximity to the Hospital / Doctor (ii) walking distance to the Gautrain …which by the way is a great method of transport …JHB CBD , Pretoria, Airport, Sandton, etc …no problem (iii) walking distance to the Rosebank shopping centre …which has a superb selection of shops, restaurants, coffee shops and much much more and last but not least I liked the look of the Rosebank Lodge and the prompt and polite response I received to my e-mails (enquiring about accommodation, location, etc)
Now for the “acid test” …on the day of arrival I was given a warm welcome by Anne (the owner) who was absolutely wonderful to me during the course of my stay …nothing was too much trouble and she went out of her way to make my stay very comfortable and enjoyable.
The accommodation was better than expected…the room was tastefully furnished, clean and very comfortable. The leisure area was just what the “doctor ordered” …lovely manicured garden surrounding the pool …each morning I enjoyed a delicious breakfast whilst enjoying the serenity of the garden and surrounds. The lounge area was comfortable with lots of reading material and gentle background music which was just perfect to go into complete “relax mode”
Now for a special mention…the support staff at the Lodge were very attentive and always smiling …what a nice surprise!....Martha was the “star of the show” she was absolutely fantastic …nothing was too much trouble in fact on several occasions she stayed on longer to ensure that I was taken care of. Martha was the lady who made my breakfast every morning …the way she prepares eggs …poached, scrambled, omelettes, fried , etc…always to perfection….needless to say… thanks to Martha´s cooking I added a few kilograms during my two week stay….Thank you Martha!
Martha also makes the most delicious rusks ..which I could not get enough of …..she always ensured that I had a sufficient stockpile in my room and also baked me some to take home….thank you Martha!
In conclusion I cannot say enough about how well I was treated and what an enjoyable time I spent at the Rosebank Lodge and would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to anyone in search of good quality and good value for money accommodation in the Gauteng area
In my opinion the Rosebank Lodge deserves a 6 out of 5 rating!
Well done Anne …keep up the good work!

Room Tip: I was in room 4 which is just perfect
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Nantes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in room number 8 (superior) and 3 nights in room number 6 (executive). We liked the executive room better because it was more comfortable and much warmer. It was freezing the first night, even with the under carpet heating. The second day we asked reception for a radiator, which was put in our room and made it ok to be there. What we thought was uncalled for was a note left in our room with "instructions" on how to keep warm in the South African winter. It was like if they were saying we had exaggerated about the first room being cold the first night. Other than that, it is close to the mall (though it wasn't recommended to do so, we walked to the mall and to the zoo and had no problem) and Gautrain (we went on our own to Pretoria). Staff was nice and helpful, English breakfast was good, location was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wellnessanne, General Manager at Rosebank Lodge Guest House, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Stella,

How nice to hear from you.

You last stayed with us at the beginning of August 2012 whilst accompanying your mum and dad, all three of you in one room. I am uncertain why this review arrived 18 months after your stay, or why the dates you mention do not correspond, nor understand your grading criteria.

Our guest's well being is absolutely vital to us! ie this means we go to a lot of trouble to make sure our guests are comfortable in our 5* beds, as well as warm.

Our regular clients from a 5* boutique hotel on the French Riviera feel quite differently to you, and give that particular room a 5* rating.

May the year 2014 be all you and your parents dreamed it would be

Warm regards
Management
Martha's Vineyard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed for a week. A really nice place. Everything I expected it to be. Ann, the owner/hostess is very pleasant and caring about her guests. Lovely little garden. Room was perfect, staff friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Windhoek, Namibia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

After my 3 night stay here I tried to think of something that was wrong with the place and couldn't come up with anything. An absolute pleasure to stay at. Easy walking distance from the Gautrain. I highly recommend staying here.

They don't have a restaurant or room service but they were happy to order a meal for me from Mr Delivery and they brought it to my room with their own crockery and cutlery. There is a safe in the room and my room had lots of cupboard space. A wide choice of food for breakfast was also available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently stayed at Rosebank Lodge for one night before flying out of Joburg. Our room and bathroom were beautiful, and opened onto a pretty garden and small patio area.
The hotel feels very secure, and is handily located for the Gautrain and the Rosebank mall, where we had dinner.
Anne and Ellie were friendly and very helpful, and we were able to leave our car at the hotel for a few hours after we had checked out, which was much appreciated.
A very good choice for a short stay in Joburg.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at Rosebank Lodge for 3 nights at the beginning of our 6 week African adventure, we received a warm and friendly welcome. Our garden room was an oasis of calm in the busy suburb of Rosebank, only a 10 minute safe walk to the Gautrain station and the Rosebank shopping mall.
Great breakfast offering a good variety of fresh fruit, cereals and cooked eggs anyway you like, bacon and mushrooms. Our host was always on hand for advice and help, wether it was booking a local restaurant, ordering a taxi or offering a lift to the station.
A great place to stay in a safe suburb of Johannesberg.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosebank Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!