We retargeted our weekend booking. to the Holiday Inn Rosebank. Thursday 15 to Sunday 18 Nov.2012 after reading the long review of the UK visitor.
In short. The best Hotel to stay at.
We arrived late with Avis rental from Joh'burg International Airport. Use Google maps. Holiday Inn Johannesburg. Oxford Road. Suggest TripAdvisor switch from Microsoft maps to Google.
The large street entrance rollergates were closed.Friendly guard advised we park outside.book in and then drive into underground parking.
Best is to enter underground parking. FIRST. Turn sharp left and drive towards small Holiday Inn lift door.Take parking ticket with. for validation at receiption to be able to leave parking area.
Suggest that the Hotel puts up more signs at entrance boom...DO NOT use underground lifts..they go to the Zone Mall ! Look for small, entrance door.Green Holiday Inn sign..Left Oxford road side.
We got lost late night..taking lifts to Mall.
Firstly..congratulations to Holiday Inn. The fragrant StarWalker plants at their elevator room..was a welcome special touch.
The parking lift goes to the 2nd floor receiption.Book in.get room card and the use the lifts to the rooms. They only work with valid room card.great security.
We had a superb late night dinner at the pool. Cudo's to the Chef and friendly.efficient waiters. Lamb ; Line Fish ; dessert. wine list were out of this world.
We had asked for a quiet room away from the aircon building. as per review from the UK. Only room 312 was available..directly above Aircon Building.
Turned out to be no problem.It was so hot and humid we slept with our aircon on.
The room Queen size bed and bedding. New. fresh. clean. bright.wonderful rest.
Best of all.Room was cleaned and restocked. daily..without us ever seeing the most efficient cleaning staff . Well Done.
The green under washbasin night light..quite pleasing to the eye and ambiance. Would have liked a second chair for the table?
Breakfast is a must- have treat. The daily fresh fruit buffet..never had a yesterday left over.Waiters and staff. Clean, friendly.attentive. unobtrusive.
At the buffet serving area.See through glass wall to clean kitchen, speaks volumes of the Highest quality Holiday Inn is sure of reproducing.
Our appointments were delayed on Sunday.We asked whether we could extend the checkout time
to 12:30..'Jack amd the Beanstalk'
No problem. Our room cards were re activa
t..a. delighted on our return.Freshened up.booked out..All with a no. problem. can do . no stress. relax..attitude .
My wife has already suggested a return visit..Using the Gautrain from the Airport to the Holiday. Inn Doorstep
By the way:
..Do see the Pantomime 'Jack and the Beanstalk' a delightful fun production .Civic Theater .
All in all.. Best Hotel to relax and rest at.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank Hotel
- Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank Hotel Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the stylish Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank hotel in the heart of commercial Rosebank and next to the city's top malls. You can't miss the contemporary, grey-striped facade of Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, next to the futuristic Zone shopping centre. Relax on our sunny pool deck when you arrive from O.R. Tambo International Airport, 25 km away. It's easy to get to meetings in the surrounding Rosebank business suburb and in downtown Johannesburg, which is a 15-minute taxi ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.