“Awesome, Safe place to stay..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Genesis Suites and Conferencing

You added Genesis Suites and Conferencing to your Saves list
Genesis Suites and Conferencing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sandler Road | Fairmount, Johannesburg, South Africa   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Johannesburg
“Awesome, Safe place to stay..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'm an American, and of course in the US we are spoiled to the finer things in life, and I must say this place by far met all of my expectations. The only complaint.. I have, is my fiancee, and his son came to stay, and there was no face cloths. I had to go out, and purchase them. I really enjoyed my stay, it helped me bond more with my future husband and,son. I would love to purchase one of these apartments, for my home away from home..I love them!

• Stayed September 2013
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis Suites and Conferencing, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for your detailed review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

We were delighted to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of looking into supplying face cloths in our suites.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Nico Steenkamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children that spent one night in the Genesis Suits. The apartment was very good and clean. Spacious rooms in a good location. However, the apart- hotel was located in a commercial mall in which teenager parties were held until very late at night. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay and rest before/ after a long flight, this is NOT the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis Suites and Conferencing, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

I was dismayed to read that you were disappointed with your stay overall due to a birthday party that was held at Genesis Suites. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family in this regard.

We very much appreciate reading your comments, as it is only by receiving such information from valued Guests, such as yourself, that we are better able to see where we stand in certain areas and what improvements we can make.

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Genesis Suites. Indeed, perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your next stay with us is a comfortable and enjoyable one again.

Your sincerely,
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very good place to stay if You have a car available, do not rely on public transport.
For the price of an Hotel you can have a fully furnished suite.
Useful if you want to save many on restaurants ( you can cook by yourself) or relax after days in the bush ( as we did, we were coming from botswana).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis Suites and Conferencing, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your kind review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing. It is always a pleasure to hear such great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Beit Shemesh, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice while on business trips to Joburg and would use them again in the future.
This place is a bit different than your standard hotel. It's got its only little complex with essentially mini-apartments on top and a small shopping center on the bottom. You don't necessarily get the regular hotel services like breakfast but you have a full kitchen and you can eat at any of the small restaurants and cafes in the shopping center. The apt has a comfortable bedroom and then a separate living room / dining room area with a full kitchen and small office corner as well. The bathroom is divided into a sink/shower with one door and a toilet with another, so one person can be on the toilet and it won't disturb someone in the shower. The staff was friendly and helpful.
My only complaint is the pillows on the bed which are oddly shaped and too firm for my taste.

Room Tip: There can be noise if the door to your apt is close to the elevators so request something further aw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for your detailed review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

We were delighted to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise for the pillows and will adress it with the Housekeeper.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely Self Catering Hotel that was clean, neat and striving for excellent service. The main ensuit has a open bathroom (no privacy if you are modest) with no seperation to the bedroom.The other bathroom was a little to small for comfort. The Hotel Staff were very friendly and obliging (top 2 staff were Hlope & Tutu].Staff and management went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The Deco of the apartments were stylish and modern, with your needs for a longer stay catered for. The rooms were also very warm due to the under floor heating. Ask for the north facing rooms in winter. Parking was in the basement, and security was seen all over the Hotel. In short, lovely place for a short stay in the city of gold.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis Suites and Conferencing, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our Suites and Our Staff. We have passed your comments onto both Hlophe & Tutu.

Perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order for me to make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is as comfortable and as enjoyable as your first one was.

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed in one bedroom apartments on several occasions. It has all the facilities for comfort: microwave, fridge/freezer, tv, hi-fi, desk, kitchen utensils, crockery, teas/beers/wine, good lighting and a balcony. Separate bedroom, bathroom and WC are all stylish and modern and the built in wardrobe contain lots of hanging and shelving space. Light and airy, clean and secure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis Suites and Conferencing, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

My team and I were delighted to have read your comments and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I must confess, I had an exciting and wonderful stay at the hotel. Their bedrooms are very neat and the interior design is so lovely, I will definitely be back. One guy at the reception called Hlophe , I hope I got the name right. Lol was very nice to me . I will recommend this hotel to every first traveller to South Africa , the neighborhood is very secured and guarded 24/7 by security guards. Above all I love this place because of the privacy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis Suites and Conferencing, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as it is the goal of our team here at Genesis Suites & Conferencing to try and make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.

It will give us a great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites & Conferencing. Perhaps when planning your next visit to South Africa, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is again as comfortable and as enjoyable as your first one was.

Yours sincerely,
Nico Steenkamp

Been to Genesis Suites and Conferencing? Share your experiences!