“Lakeview Backpackers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Backpackers

Lakeview Backpackers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Lakeview Backpackers
You added Lakeview Backpackers to your Saves list
39 Porto Amelia Road | Bonaero Park 1622, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa   |
victoria
“Lakeview Backpackers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Close to the airport, friendly and very helpful, and close to shops if you are self catering.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This place is definitely in my top 5 Hostels in the last 11 month of traveling. Ronel runs that place in such a nice way, that you feel immediatley at home when she starts to show you arround and talk to you! Her place is very close to the airport and when i needed a lift to somewhere, she took me there or found another way to help me. When i´m coming back to Jo´burg, that will be the one and only pick i would make! Clean rooms, nice common area and everything you need!
Furthermore it´s close to a to a casino and a shoppingmall, where you can spend some time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stay at Lakeview backpackers for two days of my stay in Jo'burg before and after my safari started. When I arrived at the train station, Ronel and her mother picked me up in the car and took me to the hostel. They have a very large house just outside Jo'burg that they have converted into a beautiful backpacker home. They have five dogs that were lovely and inviting. As I settled in, we ordered pizzas and had a fab time. Next morning Ronel booked me into a day tour of Jo'burg and I went to the few most important landmarks of the city. Next morning I was off to Kruger with Nomad tours and Ronel graciously drove me to the pick up point. Coming back from Kruger, she also arranged a pick up from our drop off point and took another people on my trip into the backpackers as well. She was amazing through and through. Thanks for everything Ronel! Felt completely at home! All the best from UK, Tee :-) xx

Room Tip: All of the rooms are always clean and the people their are friendly. Just learn how to work the show...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here for the last two days of our trip to Southern Africa and even though it is a little bit out of town (but very close to the airport) the Lakeview Backpackers is a lovely and familial place. The owner is a friendly and very helpful young lady who even drove us to the nearby supermarket. In the living room you find a big and comfortable sofa, a big TV...a great place to relax! Internet is also free. Absolutely recommandable!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
Curiocity Backpackers
#1 of 73 in Johannesburg
5.0 of 5 stars 472 reviews
Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Melrose Arch

Been to Lakeview Backpackers? Share your experiences!