“Lovely place and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandton Lodge Inanda

You added Sandton Lodge Inanda to your Saves list
Sandton Lodge Inanda
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   66 6th Avenue | Inanda, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa   |
“Lovely place and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday afternoon after driving up from Durban, to be welcomed by very friendly staff with a guided tour of the Lodge. Our bags were carried to our rooms. Rooms were very clean and modern complete with a fridge, microwave and tea/coffee facilities, also Satelite TV.
The grounds were amazing, very well kept, with a swimming pool with water feature. We had a lovely breakfast on Sunday morning outside under a covered patio, the choice of breakfast was either continental or full English home cooked.
There was wifi available should you need it. Ice cold beers on a very hot day. I would thoroughly recommend the Lodge.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very nice and spacious rooms, very individual service with very good and friendly staff; I cancelled my other hotel where I should have been in the second week as I prefer to have a good individual service and not being just a "room" in a regular business hotel. The owner herself brought me several times to my office in the morning what was very kind. Also very nice and safe location. Next time again.
Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the lodge in November for 3 nights.Great place to stay while in sandton.Great food and staff are very hospitable.I loved the trees,rooms are spacious and clean.The location is also perfect and very convinient for those who would love to go to Sandton City.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mpumalanga Nelspruit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Sandton Lodge Inanda is peaceful. The family enjoys peaceful surroundings. It's central to everything. It is a pefect location.

Their facilities help in preparing for business meetings. Excellent service, great meals for the entire family!

Room Tip: Family rooms are the best !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at this lodge in September for a few days. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean and very well maintained. The staff are absolutely amazing and always willing to help and go the extra mile. Breakfast was very good, however do allow an additional 15 minutes, as I found it to be a little slow. Should you not have a car when staying there it does become a little tricky as there are no restaurants in close walking distance.

I shall return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a three night stay here in Sandton Lodge and found the place to be charming. The reception is warm and friendly and the whole set up is very professionally run. The room I had was a good size and the bed was plenty big enough for me (Kingsize double). Facilities all there, although the bathroom was a bit nondescript. The morning breakfast was a good spread with plenty of choice and the service was excellent from the morning staff.

In terms of location it is in a residential area so it is taxis everywhere (or drive) although you can walk to the local mall and back even at night with no hassle I found. Only a 10mins walk for a decent steak.

However, there were a couple of annoyances. First you have to pay for Wifi which I think should no longer be the case. Most places offer this for free (at least the other two places I have recently stayed in in Africa have) and at this level I think it is appropriate. Also the towels are pretty tiny. I am an average size chap and I found them small, so perhaps go large here. Finally, I wasn't too sure about the sausages at breakfast - for a country famous for its boerewors surely you could do a bit better?

Overall a pleasant place to stay, but with frustrating niggles. Caught between a 4 and a 3 star...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed for over 5 weeks and felt like part of the family. Very nice room and perfect service. Everything was without fault. I felt secure and the guys provided me with a home away from home.... I would stay there again any time...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sandton Lodge Inanda? Share your experiences!