This was my second stay at this property. On the first occasion, my reservation could not be found and I had to argue for 30 minutes to get a room as thehotel was fully booked. This time, the king size non-smoking room i had reserved was given to me as a twin-bedded smoking accomodation. Again, some argueing was required and I ended up getting what I had reserved. The hotel lobby is rather spectacular and looks more like a fancy, trendy and hip night club located in Miami or Marbella rather than a business hotel in boring Johannesburg. The modern and designer look and feel can be found across the hotel and into the rooms. The rooms are compact but well appointed with great quality beds and linen. The bathrooms are more of a question of taste, also compact with standing wet room only and no bath tub. The soundproofing is OK and the air conditionning rather on the intense side but after a while, you can get your way at operating the temperature control. Breakfast is an horrendous affair when the hotel is full as the staff is very friendly but totally inefficient. But i have to admit that the food on offer is of very good quality and appealiing. Good cocktails and drinks are offered in the evening when the whole place seems to be getting alive. The transportation desk is very much a hit and miss affair and some of the clercks on attendance clearly do not know what they are doing. So be carefull and double check your trip request before you embark on a journey. Plenty of nice shopping and restaurants is avaiable in the large shopping mall nearby which is a safe walking distance from the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank Hotel Rosebank
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Johannesburg – The Rosebank is a modern and stylish Johannesburg Hotel that is ideally located for business and leisure travel. The establishment is only 30 minutes drive from O.R.Tambo International Airport and a short drive from the Johannesburg and Sandton Business Districts. The hotel is in walking distance of the Rosebank Mall and the African Craft Market that offers visiting guests a wide array of up-market shopping and dining options. The hotel’s central location makes it the ideal base to access famous Johannesburg tourist attractions such as the Apartheid Museum, Lion Park and Soweto. Coca Cola Park Stadium and Wanderers Cricket Ground , both major sports stadiums are within 10 minutes drive from the hotel.If you do not feel the need to venture out of the hotel, we offer the various dining options such as the Butcher Block, Fresh Restaurant and the Rosebank Cafe. For some of the most famous cocktails in Johannesburg, our very own funky and trendy Circle Bar is the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.