“It gets better & better!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   CNR Tyrwhitt & Sturdee Avenues | Rosebank, Johannesburg 2132, South Africa   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #29 of 72 hotels in Johannesburg
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“It gets better & better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Second stay here in two weeks and I am enjoying it more and more. The somewhat garish but expansive lobby starts to look trendy and modern and the new rooms seem more and more inviting. Excellent front-desk staff elevate this hotel above the norm. Rooms are really new and fresh with great flat-screen TV sets and ipod docking stations. Major gripe is the exceptionally small bathrooms (no bath in either of my rooms) which are modern but oh so cramped. In fact, the bathroom does not do the room justice. However, the entire experience is really pleasant and I would not hesitate to stay here again - in fact, I really want to - and this property is a lot more exciting and fresh than the more expensive Grace up the road! Internet access is far too costly though! And, its a short 7 minute walk to the Rosebank CBD and mall...quite safe for Johannesburg and an easy stroll. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
The_GMTheRosebank, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoy our hotel. We are very proud of it too. I will be sure to share your review with my entire team. They really get a kick out of positive re-inforcement. I am thrilled that our modern decor is growing on you, but I must say that I am most proud of my team that always go the extra mile. Last year we introduced a merit award program. Next month sees our first employee of the year, Jane Mello, jet off on a fully paid for holiday to Mauritius with her mother.

We are trying to source a more reasonanly priced internet service provider, so watch this space.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza.

Regards

Trevor Latimer

PS - rooms with baths are available on request.

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
RSA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Stayed one night on 22 August 2009. I called Vusi at reservations 5 days in advance to request 3 rooms on the same floor. She was going to email me a confirmation. I never received anything and called her again 2 days later. On arrival, we discovered that none of the 4 rooms we had reserved were on the same floor. The receptionist managed to give us 2 rooms on the same floor after we insisted that we want at least our daughter on the same floor. It was a Saturday night and the hotel was not very full.The receptionist also appeared to be ignorant of the Priority club loyalty program.The rooms are comfortable but the bathrooms are extremely cramped.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
The_GMTheRosebank, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this review, September 18, 2009
Dear Guest

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the poor service experienced at the hotel. I understand from my team that they have been in direct correspondence with a letter of apology. I thank you also for your observations with regards to our Priority Club Program. Remedial training is already underway.

Kind regards

Rome
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

This is a superb business hotel, recently renewed.
We had all comforts (SONY LCD 46", Ipod Docking station, etc.) except for hot water!
We stayed for 2 days and we couldnt' manage to have a shower!
I finally had to was my hairs with hot water from the coffee machine!

The hotel could only send maintenance personel to open the tub and touch the cold water....
they initially said that the hot water comes from the top of the building and that I had to wait for the hot water to arrive at 2nd floor, than they said that nobody had hot water in the hotel...
I can understand techical problems, but they didn't care at all :-(

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Please allow me to apologise for your poor experience. Your comments have highlighted the need for a heightened level of internal communication from management downward. This would have then provided you with the accurate account of our technical problem from the outset. We have set up an internal communication tool to address this issue going forward.

I do hope we will see you again soon.

Kind regards

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Simply perfect; Huge Breakfast buffet, fresh food, very nice rooms, and barthrooms, very clean... We definitely loved it! You must go there.

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This is a good clean average hotel. It is a busy place. Wireless internet is available for a fee. It is similar to a well appointed Marriott. Room is quiet. Nothing great about the views. It is walking distance to the Mall but only go in the daytime. The Mall has nice shops, an African Market and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Stayed for a week on business and was pleasently suprised. Rooms were good, quiet and of a high standard. Breakfast buffet had a vast selection and service was good.

The hotel bar is popular and very busy Friday and Saturday. Restaurant had a good selection and not at all overpriced like some in other hotels i have stayed in.

Not too far from Sandton which is a great place for shopping and entertainment.

Only downside was that staff need to take a little more care in what they are doing.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next trip.

Best wishes

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

The meals in the Hotel reastaurant could be quite expensive...insted I would suggest to try 'Spur' - a restraunt with offering delicious steaks the Afrikan way. (but no beer served in the restaurant)

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank? Share your experiences!