“the Best Birthday ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 72 hotels in Johannesburg
JHB
“the Best Birthday ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I Have seen many exciting birthdays in my life, but my weekend at the Tintswalo Lodge @ Waterfall surpasses them all, from the time my husband and I entered the security gates until check-out, was overwhelmed with was Royalty(more than excellent treatment)....the staff and special thanks to the General Manager , Mr Altaff Shaik ensured exceptional service at all times,who hosted me, i was suprised with a bed surronded with rose petals, engraved "Happy Birthday", the bath was to perfection, candles lit in the room , sublimed me into a world of total relaxation and serenity.

I was most delighted with the dinner and the breakfast, the room makes this hotel heaven on earth, i loved very bit of my stay at this place,

To the staff and the Mr Shaik, i would like to thank you for the best birthday ever, This weekend will remain a treasured memory to last me a life time of birthdays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family spent almost one month at Tintswalo at Waterfall during the month of August 2013. Due to my job, we moved to Southafrica. While looking for a house near Jo'burg, my company adviced me to stay at the Tintswalo. At the beginning I was quite reluctant, because to live in a hotel, with my wife and two kids, is not like at home. But I was wrong. The hotel is beautiful, the surroundings are absolutely great, quiet, but at the same time not far away from Sandton, the rooms are big enough, room service is quick and efficient, the food is great (you have to try the breakfast !). But the think it makes a big difference is the service. All the people working there, from the chambermaid till the general manager, the security guys at the gate, the waiters ... are absolutely customer-happiness oriented !!

Every single demand was quick and efficiently solved, and at the end of the month, we were treated as a part of the family.

And even the most important issue for me, they know how to deal with kids. All my family was delighted and we are looking forward to visiting the hotel again.

Room Tip: All of them are great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have stayed at Tintswalo at Waterfall before, and to be honest would just keep on going back again and again. The rooms make this hotel. Huge bathrooms, huge bedrooms and views of the equestrian estate beyond the hotel and Johannesburg. Service was OK this time round (not as good as I am used to there), but good by any standard. They were excellent at dealing with my coeliac food requests although did not have any gluten-free bread. The gym is 0.75K away from the hotel within the estate, so be prepared to run there and run back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the field behind the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TAMWORTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights and we adored it!! We are used to high standards hotels and this one was one of the best. The bedroom was massive, the view was beautiful, the bathroom was amazing. We had dinner everynight there and it felt we were at home. After a nice digestive walk in the park ( where you can see beautiful houses and mansions) we were back in our room where the night service staff prepared for us a little treat ( Brandy and chocolate).
Wonderful experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful boutique hotel located in the gated Waterfall community. The grounds are lovely, the hotel is cosy, and the service is fabulous. Our room and bathroom had high ceilings, were enormous, beautifully decorated and overlooked the grass and little river. The bed was incredible.

My only (tiny) gripes were that we could hear the cars racing around the nearby track, the food was a bit average, and the cost was so high (despite the fact we had a discounted rate), even though the hotel is not quite of the calibre of the Cape Town Tintswalo, or, say the Oyster Box in Umhlanga.

Having said that, we had a wonderful night here and if you don't mind the expense, it's a wonderful option if you want to stay somewhere quiet and peaceful a little way out of the centre of Joburg.

• Stayed June 2013
Hazyview, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

For a farmer, the big city is always daunting, and cramped. Smog, early morning traffic and road noises iare what we expect to find in the city. Not so at the exceptional Tintswalo at Waterfall in Kyalami. A beautiful boutique hotel conveniently accessed but far away enough from the highways, surrounded by polo fields, dams, ducks, and a running path of around 10 kms, a perfect overnight spot for out-of-towners. The rooms are exceptionally appointed with every modern amenity, the staff are friendly and helpful and the food is tops. Well done, Tintswalo!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having experienced the wonderful Tintswalo Safari Hotel, it made sense for my husband and I to try out the Tintswalo Waterfall Hotel in Kyalami. . From the magnificent front door one understands that the hotel is something special. As its on an Equestrian Estate its only fitting that the enormous and very comfortable rooms are named after different horses. Walking down the huge foyer gives one a feeling of a top end racing stable. But there the similarity ends as each bedroom is generous in size with close attention to ones every need. Sherry on a silver salver awaits your arrival, between two comfortable chairs. The furnishings and furniture is beautiful and our room looked across an enormous field where we expected polo to begin at any moment. Leading off the bedroom is a huge bathroom, separate toilet and wonderful fluffy towels. When we went through to the sitting areas and dining rooms we saw that the hotel is popular with corporate companies as there were many meetings going on, held by suited business men around us. This is easy to understand as not only is the hotel easy to get to, its beautifully run and it accommodates business conferences. Its also in a security estate, so its easy to go for an early morning run without being surrounded by heavy traffic. Once again we enjoyed the very high Tintswalo standard of food from well trained chefs. Each meal was wonderfully presented. The rest of the staff are charming and proffessionally trained. At the end of our stay we felt spoilt pampered and sad to say goodbye

Room Tip: We stayed in the room Mongolian Pony. We had a small lake of water and then a huge polo field in fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tintswalo at Waterfall? Share your experiences!