“City Business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westpoint Executive Suites

You added Westpoint Executive Suites to your Saves list
Westpoint Executive Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   89 Grayston Drive, cnr West Road & Grayston | Morningside, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa   |
Ranked #32 of 70 Hotels in Johannesburg
Johannesburg, South Africa
“City Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

A good place to stay at if you want privacy.

The only glitch was the dustiness of the place, only because of the construction taking place across the road.

But the place was overall, good and conveniently located.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Westpoint was super enjoyable, the apartments are tastefully furnished, the location is great and the building and area are very safe.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the value for money is amazing.
I will def stay there on my next visit to JHB :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in this place during March till April 2013, then came back in Mid of May till June 2013. The place is a good choice for long term stays in Jo'burg, the place is very secure and have some activities to do inside, e.g. there is small swimming pool, Grilling facilities for booking, small GYM.
Also the location of Westpoint is perfect as its resides in heart of Sandton where business offices and commercial areas, its 20 min walk from Mandella square and there is near by PicknPay and Woolworth for shopping your groceries, also the next traffic light has McDonalds where you can grape a meal if you need something quick. The Westpoint staff are so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: It's better to have an apartment which is higher floors to avoid the noise of the street in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pamela1Niemand, Owner at Westpoint Executive Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Hannibal
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Westpoint Executive Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards Pamela Niemand CEO.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My colleague and I were in Jo'burg for an eight-day project and to save a bit of money chose a two-bedroom apartment over two hotel rooms. Four years ago I stayed right next door to the Westpoint- there seems to be a small strip of serviced apartments along this stretch.

The apartment is very well maintained and the furnishings are modern. The kitchen is large and well-stocked. Each unit has two parking spaces and, as mentioned in other reviews, a fingerprint scan is required to gain access. Each apartment has a small balcony and each bedroom has its own bath. There is a laundry services on M,W,F (leave your dirty clothes in a hamper along with detergent and when you return they will be washed and folded for you).

There are a few quirks to be aware of. First, you need to supply your own amenities like shampoo, washing up liquid and kitchen towels. Second, you have to empty your own rubbish and third, there are massive construction projects happening on both sides of the complex. They start work at 7:00AM; this, combined with the busy street can make for very, very noisy mornings. BRING EARPLUGS if you want to sleep past 7AM!

They have a nice pool and an on-site gym but unfortunately we didn't have time to use either.

Overall we were quite happy with the Westpoint and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a room on a high floor away from the main road
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Leicamr

Thank you for your feedback. We have since your post, added wash up soap and dish cloths to our apartments, we also now offer consumers packs, which consist of tooth brush, paste, shampoo, conditioner, washing powder, softener etc. for those who require them at a minimal cost and are available at the reception desk. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Westpoint Executive Suites in the nearby future. All the best. God Bless. Warm Regards Pamela Niemand (CEO)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

These apartments are good for a long stay, as there is plenty of space and they’re comfortable and clean. The décor is modern and the kitchen has more than enough amenities. They were also quite secure as finger print recognition was required to gain access.
There is a staffed office that is open during business hours, otherwise there is a desk that is staffed, and when my driver didn’t show up to take me to the airport the man at the desk was helpful in trying to arrange alternative transport for me.
Wifi is not free, and whoever the provider is, I had some troubles with, as I had to pay for access twice. I also had an issue with the cleaner, I returned back to my apartment in the afternoon, to find the cleaner, a friend and her child in my kitchen eating my food!! I was checking out that night anyway, so wasn’t too bothered, and having spent a lot of time in South Africa, I have encountered this before with cleaners.
The ground of the apartment building are very clean and well maintained, there was a nice looking swimming pool and barbecue/braai area too, but as it was June and chilly I didn’t use these. The apartments probably don’t look like much from the plain outside of the building, but they are quite nice inside, maybe a little chilly in the winter but that’s a small complaint.
The location is quite good, they’re not exactly in the heart of Sandton, Nelson Mandela Square and Sandton city is about a 10 min walk (which I found to be a safe walk in daylight). There is a supermarket just 5 minutes down the road too. There are lots of very good restaurants around Mandela Square and the shopping is good in Sandton City too.
For a long stay, these suites are nice, but personally I prefer the facilities and staff of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Flossykins

Thank you kindly for your feedback and for the wonderful comments on Westpoint Executive Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take our service levels quite seriously and would like to request, if you can recall, what apartment number you stayed in, as we cannot understand how it happened that a friend and child was in your apartment eating your food. Please be so kind to respond as it is vital that we attend to this matter. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind Regard Pamela Niemand (CEO)
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment on booking.com for 114 USD , which is a bargain for something with such standards in Sandton! The staff catered to my every need. Michael at the reception was very helpful and friendly and happily changed my flat when I asked for something on the quieter side of the building, because there was some construction nearby.
The flat was quite modern with almost everything you could need for your stay.
The only thing is that it took my a while to figure out how everything works. I needed a lot of help to make wifi work (which is provided by an internet provider, has nothing to do with the building), sometime to get my fingerprints to access the gates and gym, and a bit to get the flat ready , since I asked to move in a flat that wasn't yet ready.
Over all I would absolutely recommend this for anyone staying for more than just a couple of days, would be definitely worth it!!

Room Tip: stay on the side that overlooks the swimming pool, the other side had construction nearby and was qu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Polokwane, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked a 2bedroom apartment on booking.com and got excellent rates! I was so happy I cancelled a previous reservation at another establishment, as the apartment suited every one of our needs. We stayed for 2 nights, but could easily have stayed longer. The staff was very helpful, especially Anna, who checked us in and kindly kept our bags for us.

The washing machine and dryer was very handy, and I made full use of this. There is construction going on but on the 11th floor we couldn't hear anything. We heard the morning traffic from only the front room, but we did not mind it.

The only small gripe was the lack of complimentary toiletries and our coffee and sugar was not refilled when the cleaning lady came. Also, the door to the balcony was broken, and could not close properly. We only realized this late the first night, and the next morning we told the cleaning lady. She was surprised it wasn't fixed yet, she said she already notified maintenance. No one came, and we kept the door shut by placing a mop in front of it. We also didn't follow it up because we left the next morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Westpoint Executive Suites? Share your experiences!