“A calm oasis in a bustling city.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cotswold Gardens Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Cotswold Gardens Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   46 Cotswold Gardens | Saxonworld, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa   |
Offers & Announcements
10% discount for 3 nights
Ranked #5 of 232 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Wadhurst
“A calm oasis in a bustling city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Janine went out of her way to help us when we had to change dates at short notice.She and her staff made our stay very calm and relaxed. The faclities were excellent, the gardens magnificent and the breakfasts could not have been bettered. Throughout our 6 night stay we felt we were being unobtrusively looked after, from being offered an international adaptor plug on arrival, to help loading the car on departure. A definite 'will return to' on our next visit to Johannesburg.

Room Tip: The self catering apartment had everything one needed to be independent if one chose to be, enough c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review of Cotswold Gardens. We hope to see you here again soon. Best regards Janine

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at Cotsowold Gardens in one of the self catering flats for over a month. The place is very well located close to Rosebank mall. I really enjoyed staying here, owners and staff were very friendly and the guesthouse was great. It has a very nice pool and garden .. the rooms are very well kept. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I will definitelty stay again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Gian hi, thank you for your review written so promptly after you left. I hope your trip back to Colombia was good. I am pleased your accommodation came up to the standard that you were looking for and I must tell you my staff were so delighted with the fact that you could speak to them in their own language, that was a real bonus for them. Look forward to your staying again when next in Johannesburg.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent b&b, I would reccomend it to anybody who is in johannesburg, very spacious rooms, and an atmoshpere that makes you feel at home.

The service is great, and it is located securely. It is also in close proximity to a very nice shopping mall.

I will definitely stay there again when I need a place in Johannesburg.

• Stayed January 2013
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Adib, thank you for your review, I am most grateful. It was so interesting to meet your family and I do hope we will see you again when you come in to Johannesburg.
White River, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Provided a practical and convenient venue for accomodation while on business in Johannesburg for 3 days. What worked the most for me was the dedicated study area, adjoining the bedroom and large bathroom and comfortable room. Very decent breakfast and hospitable hosts. I would have preferred a bar fridge in the room to keep my own refreshments chilled.

Room Tip: Room No2 has the dedicated study area. Bath and shower although the shower is not very practical for...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Matthew
Thank you so much for doing a review on CG. Regarding the Bar Fridge, there is one in the cupboard on the right hand-side of the desk/working space area. All our rooms have bar fridges for the guests convenience. What a pity, I could have corrected this for you at the beginning of your stay. Hope to see you again when you are in this part of Johannesburg.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I can recommend this guest house wholeheartedly, in fact is is more than a guesthouse with the hosts so helpful and their beautiful place full of impressive artworks.

There are delightful touches like the home-baked biscuits and freshly baked croissants for breakfast.
The area is safe and if you are lucky enough to go at Jacaranda time you will be in for a treat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stella hi, thank you so much for your great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your short stay here. Hope to see you again on your next trip to SA.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Sadly we were only able to spend one night at this delightful guest house. Janine and Mike were perfect hosts - warm, friendly and extremely helpful. We would have loved to stay on for a few days to enjoy the beautiful gardens and the comfortable accommodation - next visit to South Africa will most definitely include a longer stay here

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet with a leafy outlook
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Shirley
Thank you so much for your terrific review, I loved the photograph you sent of the 6 of you. I really hope to see you here again one day.
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

A wonderful guest house. Janine and the team were very attentive but not intrusive. The guest house has lovely gardens and a pool - the perfect retreat to relax in after a day in the vibrant and busy city. Traveling as a solo female, I felt safe and secure and well looked after the whole time. Highly recommended. Great value for money.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had its own entrance separate from the main guest house so that I could come an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Laura hi, many thanks for your great review of Cotswold Gardens and I'm delighted you enjoyed Room 4. I hope that you will return someday and I wish you all the very best for a wonderful festive season.

Been to Cotswold Gardens Guest House? Share your experiences!