“Lovely Guest House..except for the animal skins on the floors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velha Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benoni
Casa Velha Guesthouse
You added Casa Velha Guesthouse to your Saves list
19 Defiant Avenue | Airfield, Benoni 1501, South Africa   |
Ranked #12 of 34 Benoni B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely Guest House..except for the animal skins on the floors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed here for two nights before our safari. The guest house is lovely and it is a very nice place to relax with one exception.(below) The french doors in the common area open up to the pool area and it is a lovely spot to have dinner and just relax. We were there to catch up on jet lag and it certainly was a good idea to take extra days before heading out. I write many reviews after my husband and I stay at any location. Now my exception and what I would change.. the animal skins on the floor. I should have asked for the skin to be removed from our room. I am a strong animal rights supporter and feel I must be honest about this. If I had known before booking I would not have stayed here. When we were on safari we heard about the zebras poached in Zimbabwe before the World Cup. The skins on the floor are a reminder of this no matter how they were bought. I did mention my feelings to the owner. This is very personal yet I would warn any guests that may feel the way I do they will be offended.
I have given a positive rating because everything else was top notch.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Casa Velha, for four nights on our honeymoon. We had an absolutely phenomenal stay! The house is nice and extremely clean. The breakfasts are fantastic and the hospitality shown by our hosts was perfect. I would highly recommend Casa Velha for anyone staying in the Benoni/Johannesburg area. We are from the USA and can't wait to go back

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Our experience at Casa Velha was unbeatable. From the moment I enquired about our stay, to the point when we departed for home, the service was excellent. The grounds, room, and entire establishment is beautiful. There is a huge stone patio which gives the guesthouse a European feel. The room was huge, but cozy at the same time. It is very convenient to the Johannesburg Airport and transfers are available for a reasonable price. We will stay here any time we return to South Africa as well as recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Rostock, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

If you are looking for a place during your journey where you want to feel like beeing at home the Casa Velha Guesthouse is the perfect choise. The comfortable guestrooms - each with an own entrance via the beautiful garden with a fountain - do have everything you need. Enjoy the little pool within a garden full of plants or just sit and relax in the sun on the lounge-terrace in front of the guest houses restaurant, play darts if you like. Nearby you will find a small but really nice bar and you will surely be served before you have ordered. Janine an George will always be there for you, either with guided trips into the wild or simply with shuttle services into the city or to the airport. Thank you both for a short but unforgettable time with you during the final of the 2010 WorldCup in South Africa. Hope to seeing you again soon.
Adrian & Uwe

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Janine and George are doing a great job - from the airport pickup to everything else. Good location, a nice and cozy place, good value for money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Washington State, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

One of my biggest concerns was finding a nice place to stay near Jo'burg airport for one night for 3 people in one room. I prefer to avoid big hotels. I reserved with Casa Velha and because I could not find any reviews of it, I held my breath and hoped it would be ok. We were met at the airport by the owner, and driven to Casa Velha, which was only about 10 minutes drive. It is a gated and secured guest house that as soon as you see the gate and cobble stone drive alone, you know you've found a special place. We could not have been more pleased. The place is absolutely beautiful and unique. A pool in a lovely garden, with a bar and lovely lounge area. The mediterranian style really works, and the pictures on line just do not do this place justice. Our room was very nicely decorated and large. Janine and her husband, the owners, were incredibly helpful and my only regret was that we were only staying one night. Breakfast was delicious, and served in a lovely dining room with a fireplace that I loved. If I ever return to South Africa, this guest house will definitely be a destination, and next time for more than 1 night!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Casa Velha Guesthouse? Share your experiences!