“Moonrakers” 5 of 5 stars

Description: South of Johannesburg. Just off R59
Alberton, South Africa
“Moonrakers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had my husband's 50th birthday dinner on 21 August at Moonrakers Alberton. The food was superb. Petra and Iris went the extra mile to ensure the event was unforgettable.
The bobotie and chicken pie was the best I have ever eaten! The best of all you can have private functions at moonrakers

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Terrible attempt at a coffee shop.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Food is terrible, I make a better burger and toasted sami. No vibe or ambeince. Went for a dinner 2 years ago and they had no liquor licence.

Visited October 2012
Petra v, Owner at Moonrakers, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
As this review was only brought under my attention on 21 August 2013 I would like to respond. I am sure this is a case of mistaken identity. As noted that the review was written on 31 December 2012. We are in operation for 8 years and from the beginning we are closed from 16 December to 5 January. We have also had our liquor license for the past 4 years. Our motto is – Tired of eating out..... come home to Moonrakers! All our food is freshly prepared and home made. We make our own hamburger patties from 100% beef mince with no additives.