“Bad dining experience” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bloemfontein
“Bad dining experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I went to 7 on Kelner recently. Unfortunately I had a quite negative dining experience. Firstly after ordering an oyster starter I did not receive it. When the main course arrived I pointed this fact out to the waiter and he asked whether I would mind taking the starter as a side dish to the main course. myself and another person attending (who also did not receive his oyster starter agreed to this suggestion. The waiter brought both our starters on one plate making it necessary for us to send the plate along so that we could eat our starter. Secondly I ordered medium rare steak, the steak was medium to well done on arrival. When I pointed this out to the waiter and later the chef Kim Brackenridge I was told that I did not know what I was talking about and should be happy with what I got. I was quite taken aback at this and decided to download the Cordon Blue picture standards for how steak should look on my phone. Kim Brackenridge prides herself in her studies at this institution. After seeing the picture standards of the institution that she studied at, she proceded by saying that she would no longer argue with an idiot about things he knows nothing about and that nothing would satisfy me. A simple sorry sir, there must have been a mistake would you be so kind as to accept the steak as is? Would have been more than enough to satisfy this customer. I have had a terrible dining experience at this restaurant and would never recommend it to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bloemfontein, South Africa
“Romance Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Please try this restaurant for that very Special occasion. The food and service worth while. After a meal you crave for more but its due to such a nice taste on the pallet of your mouth. Must to visit for special treats

Visited September 2012
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had our wedding reception here 5 years ago and we go back as often as we can! We love the atmosphere here and are always welcomed warmly. When we get visitors from out of town, this is the place we take them. Superb food, we can recommend anything on the menu!

Bloemfontein, South Africa
“Different food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice place to sit ouside and cozy in winter inside. Food is really different from the everyday food

Visited August 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Intimate and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant is tucked away on the one side of the street. You feel welcome from when the car guard welcomes you to the smiles when you enter the front door. The service is attentive and friendly, the food is interestingly tasty and the fireplace and victorian architecture completes the homely and romantic atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012