“Didn't live up to the reviews” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was staying at the Hampton Inn so it was easy to go here for dinner. I wish I'd gone to Burger King next door. My partner ordered the All American Burger which has chilli on top. I ordered something that was supposed to feature "shaved beef and fried onions" in a sandwich. After a very long wait our food arrived. Mine was was not as described in the menu. It was thick cut beef (not shaved), no onions to be seen, and covered in mushrooms, green peppers and (I think) cheese. It was cold. When I complained to the "maitre d' " she said something like "I don't know what to tell you... it's the right sandwich but the wrong toppings". Hmm. I promptly told her I wanted something else - so I too ordered the burger. 10 minutes after my parter finished eating, my burger showed up. It was mediocre. Again, I wish I'd gone to Burger King.

Our server was really friendly and nice though so she still got a good tip. If you like a drink beware: the Navajo reservation is dry, so they don't serve alcohol anywhere. Bring your own and have it in your room. The restaurant were nice enough to lend us a corkscrew so that we could open a bottle of wine to have after dinner in our room.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Summerland Key
“Mediocre restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food quality was lower than expected, and tables were not well-cleaned. Wait staff young and somewhat indifferent. Skip this one.

Visited May 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“This is not a mirage, the food is REALLY good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you arrive in Kayenta on a Sunday night as we did, you will find that your only option is fast food or Reuben Heflin in the Hampton Inn. As a result, a lot of people were dining here. Anything beats fast food so we gave it a shot.
The food was excellent! My wife had the Navajo Taco, and I sampled some and can say it was fabulous. I had the tri tip burger, and it too was very good. The wedge fries are unique and very tasty as well. We had the bread pudding and it tasted home-made. No disappointments here. I did not expect to eat so well in such a small town. The service was phenomenal as well. Our server Darnell was one of the hardest working people I've seen. He takes obvious pride in his work and was very friendly. Also, if you are traveling with a child as we were, there is a children's menu with enough selection for even the pickiest appetites.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JaredSalecker, General Manager at Reuben Heflin, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Darnell is an exceptional server and we are proud to have him as a member of our team. I am very happy that you enjoyed our Navajo Taco, our Tri-tip Burger and our Children's Menu. We also feature a variety of other outstanding menu items including several brand new vegetarian choices and a new line of juicy steak burgers. Thank you for your positive feedback. We will look forward to having you dine with us again!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

While it is unusual for a Hampton Inn to have a full restaurant, because of it's location in Kayenta, AZ, it does have a restaurant, we found the food very good and as we were staying there, it was very convenient.

Visited April 2013
JaredSalecker, General Manager at Reuben Heflin, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
We take pride in every meal that we serve at Reuben Heflin Restaurant. I am very happy that you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for your positive feedback!
Cobham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The decor of the restaurant is upmarket Navajo style and it is truly beautiful - a wonderful place to dine and admire oyur surroundings.. The staff are a little shy but if you break through that (I am afraid some arrogant Americans were extremely rude to the staff) then they are warm, helpful and charming - and really efficient The food has Navajo style food as well as American. There were 4 of us and we were all really really pleased with our meals. I can highly recommend the green pork stew and my husband the cilantro chicken. Beware that they do not leave the tip blank on the bill though - we found this happened a depressing number of times in our 3 week trip in the States this time. We have been many times before so we watch out for it but it is disappointing. But this is a definite must do restaurant - a real experience

• Visited September 2012