Pumba was the final stop on our honeymoon trip along the garden route and we could have stayed forever. We got a free upgrade to one of the wonderful lodges overlooking the waterhole where we saw hippo, giraffe and an assortment of other wildlife. The accommodation was incredibly luxurious with a strong African theme and we were not left wanting. The food was absolutely delicious, and being foody people this was really important, and we really looked forward to every meal.
The staff were absolutely fabulous, so friendly and attentive, and Gladman Veyo who was our ranger and guide during our stay was fantastic. Gladman took us on two drives per day, morning and early evening, and when we told him the animals we wanted to look for he did his very best to find them for us, which he usually succeeded in. His knowledge and understanding of the land and its animals was magical. Each day during the early evening drive we would stop somewhere and set up what we called the 'bush bar,' and assortment of drinks and snacks from the back of the landrover which we enjoyed overlooking the African sunset.
Pumba is a very special place and it gets under your skin. I've found myself looking at their updates on Facebook etc frequently since our return just to get a taste of what's happening there from day to day. The memories of the animals that we saw will stay with us forever and I can't wait until we get the chance to return, which we one day absolutely will.
- Also Known As:
- Pumba Private Game Reserve Hotel
- Pumba Private Game Reserve Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover wildest Africa in true luxury at Pumba Private Game Reserve & Spa in the malaria free Eastern Cape, South Africa. Our exclusive reserve has achieved gold status for its environmental responsibility, through The Green Leaf Initiative, and a 5-star rating for its exquisite accommodation facilities. With the formalities out of the way, African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve accommodation at one of two intimate and enchanting lodges. Each idyllic chalet is totally private and complete with their own pools framed by timber decks and outdoor showers... only the monkeys and the hippos will be watching you here. Every chalet is designed and decorated using individual and natural fabrics - picking up on different aspects of African nature and wild life, and immersing you into feeling at one with the unspoilt beauty which surrounds you. When dining you'll be treated to an array of gourmet safari cuisine, all prepared by our passionate Five Star chefs, who will cater to all your individual needs. We have additional pampering for the mind, body, and soul, at the Msenge Bush Lodge's Soul Spa - as well as our fully equipped gym surrounded by glass, and extending out beneath a cathedral of trees. Come face to face with Africa’s Big 5 at African Pride Pumba Private Game. Visitors have the chance to experience the wonders of Africa - from the graceful giraffe to the seldom seen leopard. Don’t miss the once in a lifetime opportunity to see the very rare White Lions - 45 species of mammals and other small game. For the bird lovers and twitches the nearly 317 species occurring in our geographical region will never fail to delight you. This is the heart and soul of wildest Africa... this is African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Otel so you can book your African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.