My husband and I stayed at Pumba as part of our honeymoon, and we absolutely loved the experience! Even driving up to the lodge in our hire car was exciting as we paused to watch a herd of impala and zebra grazing. The welcome was great, as we were given welcome drinks, shown round the water lodge, taken to watch the hippos swimming in the lake, and then shown to our room. Our room (no 1) was huge and really lovely, with a fantastic view of the lake - the first thing we did each morning was look outside to see what the hippos were up to! We could also see right round the nearest end of the lake, which meant we got to watch herds of impala, warthogs and, one day, two elephants walking along really close to our room. The game drives were amazing, and our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable ranger Gladman really went the extra mile to make sure we had a great experience and saw what we wanted to. He even provided us with hot water bottles on particularly cold game drives! We saw lots of animals every day - elephants, rhinos, buffalo, giraffes, and the beautiful white lions, and got very close to them all in our open-sided Land Rover without worrying the animals at all. The food at the lodge was delicious and they were very accommodating in making me delicious vegetarian meals even when there weren't any on the menu that day. The whole experience was a truly fantastic way to end our honeymoon, and we can't wait to go back there one day!
- Also Known As:
- Pumba Private Game Reserve Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Pumba Private Game Reserve Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover wildest Africa in true luxury at Pumba Private Game Reserve & Spa in the malaria free Eastern Cape, South Africa. Our exclusive reserve has achieved gold status for its environmental responsibility, through The Green Leaf Initiative, and a 5-star rating for its exquisite accommodation facilities. With the formalities out of the way, African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve accommodation at one of two intimate and enchanting lodges. Each idyllic chalet is totally private and complete with their own pools framed by timber decks and outdoor showers... only the monkeys and the hippos will be watching you here. Every chalet is designed and decorated using individual and natural fabrics - picking up on different aspects of African nature and wild life, and immersing you into feeling at one with the unspoilt beauty which surrounds you. When dining you'll be treated to an array of gourmet safari cuisine, all prepared by our passionate Five Star chefs, who will cater to all your individual needs. We have additional pampering for the mind, body, and soul, at the Msenge Bush Lodge's Soul Spa - as well as our fully equipped gym surrounded by glass, and extending out beneath a cathedral of trees. Come face to face with Africa’s Big 5 at African Pride Pumba Private Game. Visitors have the chance to experience the wonders of Africa - from the graceful giraffe to the seldom seen leopard. Don’t miss the once in a lifetime opportunity to see the very rare White Lions - 45 species of mammals and other small game. For the bird lovers and twitches the nearly 317 species occurring in our geographical region will never fail to delight you. This is the heart and soul of wildest Africa... this is African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.