If you love a victorian style house, with fenomonal service and a antique warm interior this is your top place weahther for leisure or business. My father got a severe accident - and had stay in intensive care for a long time in St Georges PE- to allow my mother to be close to him she staid over a month at Hacklewood- it was a fenemenal experience for her - excellent service, splendid room and attentive heartwarming staff. A unque place with a heart, a soul and a service without compromises. Thank you everyone at hacklewood for such a great care and service.
- Also Known As:
- Hacklewood Hill Country House Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Hacklewood Hill Country House Hotel
- Hacklewood Hill Country Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a lush country garden abundant with birdlife, discover serenity, luxury and privacy at an elegant Victorian Country House in the leafy suburb of Walmer. One of the few remaining Victorian Manor Houses in Port Elizabeth, African Pride Hacklewood Hill Country House offers every comfort and a stylish dining experience with its cordon bleu cuisine, impressive vintage wine collection and an authentic wine cellar. Winner of an American Express Fine Dining Award the beautifully appointed restaurant boasts period pieces, silver service and magnificent brass candelabra that takes the diner back to an elegant bygone era whilst they dine on five-star cuisine. A sparkling pool with secluded lounging areas for sun lovers and a tennis court, add to the relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff are on hand to cater for your every need. Superbly decorated and furnished with antiques, fine fabrics and beautiful paintings for the discerning GUEST. Spacious air-conditioned bedrooms offer every comfort in the classic country house tradition, each leads onto a private balcony overlooking the garden. The elegance of the Victorian era is continued in the large bathrooms with feature bath tubs, separate showers, heated towel rails, terry towel bathrobes and romantic candles. Indulge in a game of croquet or have fun playing board games in the sun. Outstanding beaches, coastal walks, picnics horse riding, scuba diving, bay cruises, yachting, historical tours and golf nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your African Pride Hacklewood Hill Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.