“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We love this little place! From the salads to the cakes. I always enjoy the Thai beef salad & my husband loves the pasta. Added bonus is the free Wi-fi.

Visited December 2013

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Great for breakfast too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We usually go for lunch, and enjoy the great variety of food on offer, but choose to go for brunch expecting the same offering. We were surprised to find an extensive breakfast menu with some unusual choices. I was feeling a bit tired and had a mood lifter to drink - I didn't ask what it was but I got a mug of hot water with lemon and a shot glass of what I discovered to be raw ginger juice, and a little pot of honey - mixed together it was delicious and I did feel better. I opted for a sweet breakfast of crumpets with bananas, honey and creme fraice - delicious! My husband had the chicken livers on ciabatto bread - also delicious. The serving sizes are substantial and reasonably priced.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
“OK but not as good as we hoped for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Only visited this restaurant because of the good reviews. Whilst we weren't disappointed we weren't over-awed. We ordered a beef burger and to compensate for leaving off the bacon and cheese, a second patty was offered. We also ordered a chicken mayo on ciabatta. Unfortunately the patty was not the best - too many chewy bits and the black olives were too overpowering for the meal. Despite asking for no cheese, the side salad came with feta. The promised red peppers did not make an appearance and the mushroom sauce was way too oily. Capuccino was OK. Had a slice of Apple crumble after the manager/owner advised that there were no raisins in it. Turned out that he does not what his products contain. However, the crumble was good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, UK
“Delicious cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've been to Bocadillos twice and both times was met by friendly, relaxed service and a great range of delicious cakes. Their pancakes were nicely presented and the carrot cake came as an enormous wedge of a serving. The place is pricey compared to nearby bakeries, but the professional table service justifies this mark-up in my opinion. The fresh fruit juices are yummy too.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overrated and expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is beautifully decorated and the food is well presented, but it is really expensive, especially for Port Elizabeth. I don't mind paying, but then it must be descent. For example take away slice of pecan nut tart, R32 for a tiny slice. There is just no comparison with other bakery/deli's like Fournos in Joburg.

Visited June 2013