“Disaster” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Al fresco dining, on the lovely cobbles of Stanley Street....Immerse yourself in a ambient dining environment.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Disaster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I really fail to see what people see in this restaurant. I have been there several times. The food is overpriced and the manager has an attitude second to none.
The tables are squashed into the restaurant and everyone is on top of each other.
If this is the best that PE has to offer the city is in deep trouble from a culinary experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fushinchef, Owner at Fushin, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear David,
Much thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant.
We endeavor to give our clients a memorable experience and we truly put much effort into our business, consistently so that for the past 4 years we have never experienced such negative reviews and am going to strive harder to improve, sadly due to our location our products need to be imported throughout the world and this does come at a cost.
Given that little of our competitors carry the same ingredients, that said we do offer a range of
Very affordable hot tapas and sushi for the regular visitor....it is worth while exploring the menu as to benefit from this.
We truly hope to see you again and deliver what we strive for ....quality on every level.

Much thanks again
Kind regards
Mark sushi

92% Recommend
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Da Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Absolutely sublime!!!. No other Asian restaurant even touches it! The spicy Peruvian scallops, the Sushi (some with a S African twist)and even the budget priced Chirasi rice (which is a Japanese street food) is magnificient. If raw fish/sushi is'nt you scene, the wok fried dishes or the a la carte is there to cater for every taste.

A bit on the expensive side for South Africa, but hey - you get what you pay for! The freshness of the ingredients as well as the quality could not be cheap. I will go there every day if I could.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Africa
“Shocking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It has been a while since this incident happened but eventually had to be said.
My husband and I, my son and his girlfriend; decided to go back to Fushin as we so enjoyed their food the last time we were there.
This time around it was shocking; we were squashed into a table in the center area (was Autumn - April 2012) and coolish.
Soon after we arrived another large group of people (important from the reaction of the staff) arrived and the staff moved and maneuvered the tables behind us against the wall to create a 'space" for them but in the interim cramping our style very much. We had already ordered our food; which had not arrive, but our drinks had.
The new arrivals seemed to take over the restaurant and eclipse all others that were there, so much so that my husbands food, which was at this time lying on the hot pass; was given to the new arrivals 21 months old daughter.
Why do i say this; because my food, my son and his girlfriend food arrived and I overheard the one guest mention that their daughter wanted xyz without the yz and this was the same dish my husband had ordered. On querying from our flustered waitron as to where my husband's food was; she replied that there had been a mix up with the order and that they had to re-do his food. We watched with surprise as his food had been taken off the pass and the manager (i presume it was her) proceeded to sit down with the young child and feed her at the sushi counter. The waitron hurried over to the kitchen and asked for another plate to be made. At this stage we told her to leave it, we ate our food in bitter disappointment and left, as we had another function to attend.
That was the last time we ever enter Fushin's doors. At the price you pay I think it is disgusting that a guest not only get's sidelined but treated like we were. It altogether left a very bad taste in our mouths.
Which all in all is sad as this was one restaurant you could be guaranteed to get GREAT SUSHI at.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“If you're ever in PE....and want a great dining experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Run, don't walk! It's the very best sit down / take away asian cuisine on EARTH. And yes, it's a bit of a drive from San Francisco, but once you're there (sit in the corner table by the window) you'll enjoy the most creative hybrid asian sushi rolls that the Rand can buy. I had the good fortunate to meet my friends there in late afternoon (3 pm) after a long flight from SFO via CPT to PE and had the surprise of my life. The service was delightful, and the company was most gracious to put up with my jet lag. Seriously, take in this restaurant, and enjoy PE.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“If you're ever in town....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Run, don't walk! It's the very best sit down / take away nuveaux asian cuisine on EARTH. And yes, it's a bit of a drive from San Francisco, but once you're there (and sit in the corner table by the window) you'll enjoy the most creative hybrid asian sushi rolls that the Rand can buy. I had the good fortunate to meet my friends there in late afternoon (3 pm) after a long fright from SFO via CPT to PE and had the surprise of my life. The service was delightful, and the company was most gracious and kind to put up with my jet lag. Seriously, take in this restaurant, and enjoy PE.

• Visited April 2013