“So far no one has said a bad word!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A funky, hip but stylish fish restaurant and tapas bar, Fat Fish takes tapas to a new gastronomic high. On Central Beach Plettenberg Bay, with great views of our beautiful bay
Singapore, Singapore
“So far no one has said a bad word!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Every one I speak to in S Africa has given this place top ratings, and deservedly so. Great food at affordable prices, fantastic and friendly services, the overall experience was just wonderful. I will not hesitate to come back many times again when I next visit Plett Bay!

Visited August 2013

Knysna, South Africa
“Deserves praise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had family visiting from the West Coast who to invited us to suggest a venue for a birthday lunch. Suggested The Fat Fish and so glad we did. It has a lovely refreshing ambiance with glowing Mexican wood burning stove at the end of the room topped by a friendly smiling manager (owner?) and helpful waiters. Like so many other reviewers all four of us raved about the food. Our two best dishes were the fried Kingklip with crusty parmesan and my home made tagliatelle with fabulous seafood puttanesca sauce. Of course the fabulous view of the ocean and the Beacon Isle Hotel is just the cherry on the top. Thumbs up from me!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“You're in for a big fat treat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I posted a status update on my facebook stating that this was probably one of the 10 best meals I've had in my life! I'm in my 40's so that's a LOT of meals! My husband and I shared a couple of appetizers. The asian calamari was to die for. Tender, flavorful and steaming hot! We also had the spring rolls. Whilst they weren't very different than many other spring rolls, they too were piping hot and delish. On to the main course....I had a Parmesan encrusted kingklip with chile butter that was most excellent. The portion size was quite large and the combination of the Parmesan and chile was out of this world delish!!! My husband had the line fish of the day which I believe was gurnard? I thought our waitress was saying "garnet" but after a little googling, I think it's gurnard. Regardless, it was wonderful. It was in a creamy clam sauce and it was incredible!! We split the chile chocolate mousse for dessert and it was the perfect ending to our meal. One of the layers in our wedding cake was a mexican dark chocolate with a red chile ganache and this reminded us so much of it. It was rich and delicious with this little burn in the aftertaste. AMAZING!!! The service was excellent and they had a nice hot fire going on a cold rainy night. Just doesn't get much better. I wish we'd have gone back tonight for their 1 year anniversary instead of going to what TripAdvisor reviewers have ranked the number 1 restaurant in Plett (Zinzi). In my opinion, The Fat Fish FAR exceeds that place on every level.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Augsburg, Germany
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Spectacular view from the restaurant. The presentation was better than the food. The service was ok but we didn't get any usable help with the wines. The menu itself was unusual created but if you can't read very good anymore you need to bring your glasses the writing is too small.
We were lucky but it is advisable to make a reservation since it seems to be always busy!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Rendsburg
“Best seafood and tapas - Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great hint to restaurant with outstanding cuisine and perfect wines.
Please try the tapas (I really enjoy the spicy style)
Very good service.

Only handicap it is very noisy inside.

• Visited July 2013