Master Suite

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

RainyDece...
George
“My teenager would call this "Awesomeness".”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We were booked in for a weekend in June, but my love was hurt in a motor cycle accident and landed up in hospital. Shannon kindly allowed us to move the weekend. So we went on Monday 2013-07-18 to Wednesday 2013-07-17. Nothing prepares you for the pure "awesomeness" that is Trogon House. The walkways above the forest and the nearness of the forest is unbelievably beautiful. The people who built this went out of their way to remove as few trees as possible, even going so far as to build the deck around the trees. The furniture they use had me in total awe. Some of the furniture is very old and I had the urge to just softly stroke over some of them. Weird, I know, but you go see for yourself and then let me know how you felt. The place has a very mellow African tone and is done tastefully. It does not have a feel of a touristy African guest house, but rather that of a home where the furniture is loved. Be sure to check out the couches on the deck by the pool.

Connie who runs the place together with Harry and Bruce does a totally wonderful job. We went in just after 8 in the morning and she was there and we still found her there after 8 pm at night. Nothing is too much trouble for her and she even prepared me porridge and gravy (together with a most wonderful Yorkshire pudding) and beef fillet exactly how I wanted it at my special request. Her dessert made with fresh strawberries had all the guests grin with pure delight after the first taste and all bowls were left empty. This lady sure has talent. The portions were great and nobody left still hungry. The coffee was excellent and the breakfasts left us lazy and we both ate more than we should have. One can taste the care she and her two helpers put into the food. I loved the laughter and banter that could be heard from the kitchen whilst they were working. It is always a good sign if the staff is happy.

The rooms are beautiful and the only thing I would have changed was the satelite tv. The reception is not very good and I really feel that the tv can be removed from the rooms. I certainly would not have missed it. We left the doors open and listened to the sound of birds and the chattering of monkeys. The smell of trees and the forest is earthy and we loved it. We even had a few monkeys come by to look at us which was really delightful. The shower had plentiful warm water and we never even used the coffee making facilities as we were so stuffed after eating their wonderful food. The prices of the drinks were excellent and quite affordable. They don't have a big variety but what they have is good and satisfied all our cravings. They also have a spa which we did not indulge in, but I faintly heard a middle aged man serenade his lady whilst they were in the spa which had me grin in delight. For a great get-away where you can relax and just get in tough with nature, this is an excellent spot to go to. And say hi to Connie for me. She is great!

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Satelite tv
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$274
/ Night
Book this property
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 236 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing