“Great Hotel, Great Views and Convenient Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Plettenberg Hotel

You added The Plettenberg Hotel to your Saves list
The Plettenberg Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Church Street, Garden Route | P. O. Box 719, Plettenberg Bay 6600, South Africa   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Plettenberg Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Great Hotel, Great Views and Convenient Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here for three nights during our Garden Route trip. The hotel is beautiful and has a spectacular view of the ocean from the dining room, the dining patio and some of the rooms. Our corner suite had two balconies overlooking the bay.

We had dinner at the hotel all three nights and each meal was delicious. The service was attentive and the menu had a large selection so we didn't have to repeat.

The hotel is conveniently located to most of the Garden Route major attractions. It was very easy to get to the N2 and everything we wanted to do was no more than 40 minutes away.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 65 which is in the annex building right across the street. This building was just...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
formosabay, General Manager at The Plettenberg Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. I will pass your kind comments on to my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plettenberg, on your next visit to the Garden Route. Lisa Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived at the hotel on 29th October 2012. The staff in this hotel were very friendly, helpful and professional from the first minute when we arrived. The hotel has great views. We stayed in room 60, which was very spacious, clean and relaxing. The hotel has an overall feel of being relaxing and you could easily spend your day around the various areas, with a book and a glass of something. We enjoyed an evening meal in the restaurant, which was very good indeed. The menu was varied and there was a good wine list. This is definately a 5* hotel, which I recommend wholeheartedly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay at The Plettenberg, and a wonderful meal at our Seafood restaurant. Thank you for taking time to post a review. Lisa Knight
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spent two nights here and didn't want to leave. The management and staff were wonderful, nothing was a problem. The room was very comfortable, and serviced beautifully daily.

Would recommend anybody wanting somewhere special to stay to put The Plettenberg on their list. We look forward to returning someday in the near future to enjoy it all again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay are greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plettenberg. Lisa Knight
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Have just returned from yet another stay at The Plettenberg. This really is one pf my favourite places to stay in the world. Both the management Johan and Lisa and all the staff are always so welcoming and friendly, remaining always professional. The rooms are everything you would expect from a 5star hotel, spotlessly clean and every attention to detail is taken care of. The food in the restaurant is not too be missed. This review would not be complete without mentioning the hotel is in the most stunning location, with the most spectacular, breathtaking views. All of these things make the Plettenberg a very special place to stay. Until the next time..............

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled that once again you enjoyed your stay at The Plettenberg. Myself and my team look forward to seeing you shortly. Lisa Knight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I showed up here with grease on my face after changing my tire up the coast a ways. I was weary from a few days driving from Durban, and had pulled into the other hotel in plettenbrg on the rock on the ocean thinking this might be the best place in town, but was treated absurdly by the staff there. When I got here and saw the Relais and Chateaux plaque I was pretty psyeched, because they must have the best training in the world, and instead of looking down at me, a guy grabbed my bag and even offered to clean my car for me. A beautiful woman at the desk gave me a great rate (relatively, it isn't cheap, but it was mid winter and things were slow) on a suite and never once mentioned the grease nor made it awkward, and I was treated the next morning to a stunning view, one that I only see equaled in places like the south pacific.. I stayed a few extra days and still appreciate this place. For customer service, any relais and chateaux place is going to be as good as it gets, and it's a pleasure, like staying at a rich uncles house and being treated to his best.. without the sad and comical results of subtle or not so subtle greed that can dominate so many hospitality interactions.

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thanks so much for your positive comments. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience at our beautiful hotel. Lisa Knight
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Title of this review says it all!
I stayed over for one night on a business trip. After a 16 hour journey from London I was welcolmed by name when I arrived, that's a first at a hotel I have never visited before, and was promptly shown to my room. One of the things that stood out for me was that the staff are obviously encouraged to learn the guests names, as many of them had learned mine even without engaging me. The location and views are wonderful and the room was very large and spotlessly clean. I had a good meal in the Restaurant and a great nights sleep. I am going back for 2 night next week when I visit again from the UK.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
formosabay, General Manager at The Plettenberg Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for you positive comments regarding your first visit to The Plettenberg Hotel. I appreciate your feedback, and myself and my team are looking forward to welcoming you back next week. Lisa Knight
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at The Plettenberg for 2 nights in late September, largely because we could not get these dates at the Beacon Island, where we had stayed previously, and thought that was fantastic. But this hotel surpassed all expectation; the receptionist could not have done more for us on arrival, moving us to a beautiful ground-floor room to suit my wife, who has limited mobility. The room standard was fabulous, and the restaurant breakfasts, sitting on the terrace with a breathtaking view of Plettenberg Bay, could not have been bettered. The assistant manager, Johan, went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay, and could not have been more helpful and attentive.

Room Tip: The hotel has only 35 rooms, all of which seem excellent. You might like to go for the Blue Wing tho...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our beautiful hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the amazing views across the bay from our rooms. I will pass your positive comments on to my wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back personally to The Plettenberg on your next visit Plettenberg Bay. Lisa Knight

Been to The Plettenberg Hotel? Share your experiences!