“Great place at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Kitchen Cafe
Noel Center | Main Rd, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kitchen Cafe & Bar is the perfect Lunch, dinner and sunset cockltail venue, with sweeping views of the bay and a wonderfull atmosphere.Our food is lovingly prepared using only the finest local ingredients. Choose from seafood, aged steaks, venison, Cape curries, sushi or award winning pizza, and see why everyone is talking about Kitchen Cafe and Bar
Johannesburg
“Great place at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff are friendly and for the pizza you get the price is reasonable. What makes this Restuarant stand out is the out of the ordinary toppings on their pizzas. Not a bad place to go and considering some of the other rubbish restaurants in plett this place is right at the top of my preferred places to go.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Beuatiful view and great venue, but ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Plettenberg Bay is urely one of lifes pure joys, Turqoise water and white sands, i have eaten in mostof the Plett eateries but his particular one is omehow a bit off the beaten track, albeit on the main Rd. The restaurant has a wonderful view - it well appointed and has a small but diverse menu. Would I come back - i am not sure - the wien by the glass was a poor selection, the Salmon Roses tasted only of Rice ( too densely packed at that) and the grilled calamari salad was more a tomatoe calamari stew with some lettuce on the side! oh dear! but good kind staff and a great view!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wide variety of seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Try the Seafood Curry. The portions are generous. The owners says there is no Wifi when you can actually see their network.

Visited April 2012
, General Manager at Kitchen Cafe, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Hi Valerie. We are glad that you enjoyed the seafood curry. Dissapointed that the waitron or manager on duty didnt not give you access to the WI-FI network. All the waitrons and managers do know the access codes for the WI-FI as it is a service that we do offer our clients. Thank you for your feedback, we will definately make work of this aspect to sort the problem out.
Port Alfred, South Africa
“Lovely to look at food disapointing and service very slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We were welcomed into the restaurant. The waitor was polite but between two waitors and the manager the service was still slow (for drinks and food) for about six tables. I did not complain that the fish was undercooked and it went back to the kitchen without query. The curry and mojito were good. The frozen margharita was disgusting. It was so salty that we did send it back to the bar. Surprisingly it was still charged on the bill, even after we again said that it was undrinkable and basically untouched. Overall an expensive dinner for a very disapointing evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“BEST MEAL I HAVE HAD IN SA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My family and I were satying near Port Elizabeth for 3 weeks in January/February this year and decided to spend a couple of days travelling down the garden route and visiting some of the many tourist spots on the way. We stayed in Plett for a night and by chance came across this place when we were out from an evening meal. The layout/presentation of the place is very relaxing and the view from the place is brilliant. I had the venison for my main meal and it was fantastic !!!! Between my partner and our 3 kids we probably had one of every appetizer also that the menu offered and they were all of a very high quality. As with other reviews of the restaurant - our kids loved the pizzas !! I have visited South Africa 3 times now and the meal I had here is by far the best I have had. Look forward to my next trip to SA as I will be visiting this place again.

• Visited February 2012