“Pleasant week in Plettenberg Bay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 113 Robberg Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plettenberg Bay
113 Robberg Bed & Breakfast
113 Robberg Road | PO.Box 2455, Plettenberg Bay 6600, South Africa   |
Worcester, South Africa
“Pleasant week in Plettenberg Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A most pleasant 4 night stay in quite garden atmosphere. On quite night you can hear the ocean waves. Rooms are very neat and tiday and management are at a ready to assist and please where necessary. Price wise a real value for money event . Will definately return there when visiting Plett in future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Reckange, Mersch, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were on our way to PE going home slowly on the garden route. My husband booked it. I was delighted to have a garden room, no stairs to climb with cases. Every thing was very clean. We had booked breakfast which was self catering in our room. This meant we could sit out in the garden, a treat as home was cold and snow. Given the name of a good restaurant and directions. We were even given some ideas of places to stop at the following day. The hostess was extremely welcoming and helpful. We will most certainly stop here on our next trip to S A. As one comment says I could have done with some salt for my egg.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed 4 nights and got peacefull sleep. The B&B is in a good and very quiet location with no traffic at night. The rooms are spacious enough and neat. Salt and pepper and bath soap should be included in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Beautiful room & garden which was fantastic to catch the evening sun. Enya was very accommodating, helping us with the Braii and local things to do. Plett is a wonderful place to spend a week with excellent beaches, walks and restaurants - a must!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights and could not fault the hospitality, help in getting to know our surrounds and facilities offered and would not hesitate to return. Enya and Andrea were never obtrusive but always willingly available for any information required from us. Nothing was too much trouble. We always travel with extra coat hangers but this time forgot! On request we were supplied with extra. We were also treated to a lovely meal on our last evening. This was part of the package for staying 5 nights. Deliciouse German fare! I wish them all the success for the future.

• Stayed September 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed two nights at 113 Robberg and Enya, the owner, helped us out alot!

When we arrived she gave us a detailed description on what to do in the area and where to eat. Furthermore the second night I wanted to back up some pictures I made with my camera. But because I had taken so many in SA, it turned out to be alot of work (more than 10 gb). And I didn't bring a laptop, just my iPad.

Enya went out of her way to help me with that on her own computer, to the point that I felt sorry and offered to just let it be. But no, after downloading the pics from our camera, she burned them on a 2 dvd's for us. It took her 2,5 hours!

My pics were backed up, just in case anything would happen to the camera. She insisted and said that those pictures we had made up to that moment can never be replaced. Superhappy!

After that we had a real problem: we were flying to Durban and driving up to Hluhluwe Imfolozi game reserve the following days. And at that moment tropical cyclone Irina would be hitting that specific area. Enya looked up all sorts of weather information and because she has years of experience organizing trips in SA, Mozabique and Namibia, she made us several different itineraries we could take, if we couldn't reach the area.

She organizes all sort of trips in SA, from gamedrives to diving trips. And my girlfriend and I love both, so it was a really interesting conversation on what to do alternatively or on our next trip. An expert travel agent!

The room itself was spacious and pleasant. The wifi signal didn't work in the room as Enya had told us, but you can sit at the pool or nearby the office and it will work and is fast (alot faster than other guesthouses we stayed at).

We went to the beach nearby the guesthouse as well and I saw a pod of 12 huge dolphins (3 meters in length) while I was in the water. Two of them swam right up to me and one of the lifeguards that happened to be in the water next to me. A once in a lifetime experience!

Would I go back to 113 Robberg? Certainly!
Would I recommend it to friends of ours that are going this June? I already have!!

Thanks alot Enya! Kind regards, Jenny and Dennis

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Don't be deceived into thinking this place is anywhere near 'Robberg' beach, it's not, in fact its literally miles away up a long boring hill in the back and beyond of surburbia.
My wife booked the room on my behalf and was told it would be R280 per night, upon arrival however the owner demanded almost double that for single occupancy, and that was after I had waited over an hour for her to return from walking the dog !
By that time it was getting dark, and I guess she thought she had me over a barrel. I drove away in disgust from a place with no secure parking, no WiFi and obviously no compassion for a lone and exhausted traveller. There are hundreds of better places in Plett so give this one a very wide berth.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
113robberg, Owner at 113 Robberg Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Mythbuster101,

I am sorry that you feel so strongly about me and my B&B, that you have to write such a negative statement about it and I apologise for all the inconvenience you might have had, however, some of your statements are neither correct nor understandable for me.

First about our closeness to the beach, we never claimed to be “right on the beach”, to the contrary, we are up on the hill around 1.6 km (as the crow flies) away from it. By the way, our website offers detailed information on our location including a map.

Our rates: Yes, your wife phoned and inquired about the rates. And yes, I was walking my dog at this time and that is why I quoted her our last available room at R 280 per person sharing. Nothing was said that you would be coming alone. Our single rate is like with everyone else not the same as 2 people sharing the room.

Your statement that you had to wait is also quite incorrect, as I told your wife, that I was out and would only be back in one hour. However, you came approximately 2 ½ hours after that phone call. It is not my fault that it was getting dark by that time.

About WIFI: Actually, we do offer WIFI, however, not every room gets a strong enough signal and that is why we have a guest desk in our office, where everyone is welcome to hook up there own device to the net or even use our designated guest computer.

Parking is plentiful, and yes it is in front of the house on a well lit parking lot. Your are right to say it is no secure – because it is not fenced. However, we offer this parking to all our guests for the last 4 years and up to now nothing has ever happened. I, myself park there every night.

Nevertheless, I would like to offer you a one night complimentary stay with us, just for you to experience what we are really all about it. So, if you are the next time in the area, call me and I will keep my word.

Best wishes - Enya / 113 Robberg B&B

Been to 113 Robberg Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!