There isn't one major thing I can fault about our stay at the amazing Lalibela Game Reserve. We stayed at Mark's Camp and had an excellent time. We arrived as early as we could and spent some time down on the pool deck next to the waterhole below the lodge. Unfortunately nothing came down to drink, but it was great just being able to relax. The staff was very attentive and looked after us well. Our room was stunning with its own private balcony. If you had to walk naked onto the balcony only the animals would see you. LOL! The food was superb and not overly fancy. We had two very enjoyable game drives and got to see rhino and elephant on both with lion on the morning drive. My wife got overly excited seeing hippo in the wild for the first time. I see some comments complaining about the number of animals seen, but have to say that we encountered a large amount of animals where ever we go. I think some people forget that it is a game reserve and not a zoo.
- Also Known As:
- Lalibela Game Reserve Hotel
- Lalibela Game Reserve Hotel Eastern Cape
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This private game reserve's location in the Eastern Cape means it is not only malaria free, but spans 5 ecosystems, resulting in a breath-taking diversity of flora and fauna. Lalibela has 3 lodges, all offering decor that is infused with the essence of Africa, as well as warm and friendly service and unforgettable game viewing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Lalibela Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.