“mmm hauntedly delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Jerome
Cuisines: Dessert, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Australia
“mmm hauntedly delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Be prepared you may be waiting for a table during busy times but I assure you it will be worth it. The Haunted Hamburger is situated up the hill, I climbed the stairs, figured I would try to work off calories I was about to consume. The view of Jerome is very pretty from the restaurant. They have a fairly extensive and choice-filled menu. I originally ordered the haunted burger without cheese, the twice baked potato without cheese, after being served twice with the dishes containing cheese, on the third go of bringing me a dairy free meal the manager noticed that I was been brought the twice baked potato and quickly rushed over with the waitress to tell me to not eat the twice baked potato as it contained cheese INSIDE it not just on top... So I asked to just serve me the baked potato instead and they quickly obliged. I was very happy that the manager was attentive and paid enough attention to notice my lil old issue with cheese and rectified it quickly, the only disappointment was that due to the many changes my burger lost its heat and I ended up with a lukewarm burger. I would have really appreciated a new burger being made given the number of times my meal had to be rectified so even after the effort made by the staff to make sure I didnt consume dairy, I chose not to say anything and just enjoy the meal. It was delicious! It was very tasty, the patty was cooked well, the green chilli thing was moorish so yummy. It was well worth the visit and climb up the stairs. Highly recommend it. Also they had these cakes in the dessert window with a 6 and 7 layer cake, one was carrot and the other chocolate and cream. If you are Jerome, this is one place that worth the trek to get to and have a delicious burger or other choice of meal. I may go even so far as to say, that you probably should work this place into your agenda while visiting Jerome.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
HauntedGroup, Owner at Haunted Hamburger, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We sincerely apologize that it took so many attempts to make your entree correct. After all that and the trek up the hill, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your food. We continually strive to maintain high standards throughout all of our restaurants. We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and confidence.

Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“doggie friendly patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Good vegetarian burger as well as all meat burgers selection. Dog friendly: allowed on patio area. Fine scenery. Entertaining story about the restaurant's history.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HauntedGroup, Owner at Haunted Hamburger, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments. We're glad that you enjoyed your visit and our restaurants history! It's always an exciting one. Hope to see you again soon.
Minnetonka
“Spectacular views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We waited literally an hour for a table during lunch. While we waited, we saw several tables open and people who gotten there after us being seated. We were starving, so didn't want to wait in other lines at other restaurants. We both got a cheeseburger, which tasted good. The twice baked potatoes looked disgusting, but tasted pretty good. I think they'd been sitting for a good day or so. The atmosphere inside is extremely crowded. If you want to use the restroom, you might want to bring a crowbar with you - it is unbelievable small. I don't think I'd go back unless I could be seated outside and quickly!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
We want to thank you for your patronage at The Haunted Hamburger. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have an exceptional experience. We strive to make every guest's experience a positive one. We will be doing remodeling and expansion soon, so we plan to create more room to eliminate some wait time and easier access to the bathrooms. We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and confidence.
Rockford, Illinois
“Reputation Requires a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Haunted Hamburger is a fun spot and has good food and good service! Be prepared for a wait, but worth the hike up the hill!

Visited October 2012
HauntedGroup, Owner at Haunted Hamburger, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments! We greatly appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again!
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Can't beat half price burgers on Wednesdays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was staying in Sedona with 12 friends and family members when we found out that Wednesday was half price burgers. We loaded up 3 vehicles and headed up the hill to Jerome. Our servers were very nice and prompt with our food. Cant beat the half price burgers. All the burgers were cooked to order. I dont usually eat french fries however i enjoyed theirs very much. So whether your driving up to Jerome for the day or just for a burger. It's worth the food and the view is amazing too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HauntedGroup, Owner at Haunted Hamburger, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thanks for making the small journey from Sedona to Jerome! We're glad to hear that you took advantage of our half off burgers and that they were all made to your liking! Hope you'll visit again soon.