“Average, at best” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
north of seattle
“Average, at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

I went there because of the reviews I read and because it was featured on TV (Rachel Ray on $40.00 a day) I'm sorry to say I had a better hamburger the night before in Sedona. The one I had at the Haunted Hamburger was average at best. It wasn't the worst hamburger I've ever had, but it wasn't even one of the top 10 best. I did enjoy their onion rings & fries. The hamburger would have been better if the meat had any flavor to it. My husband & I split the burger, and his opinion was no higher than mine. It does have a nice view though, and they are as much a bar as a restaurant, so have a drink there, and then go to Belgium Jennies, where the food is phenominal without being overly priced.

Olympia, Washington
“Nothing but Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

My buddy and I recently did a side-trip to Jerome. Sam insisted that one of the best burgers he'd ever eaten was found at the Haunted Hamburger. I warned him not to play it up too much because he might be disappointed on the return trip. Boy did I eat my words later! We both had a burger and a beer while sitting on the porch that looks out over gorgeous red mesas and rolling desert. My burger was truly amazing. Drippy, oozy, huge, and gorgeous, it was stuffed with green chiles, bacon, cheese, sauteed onions, and of course a massive hunk of beef. I was in heaven! The staff is efficient and friendly, the atmosphere is very casual and relaxed. I will absolutely be "haunting" this place again!

quester83
“We go out of our way to eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

We love the haunted hamburger. The view is breathtaking. The food is great and not too pricey. We live in Missouri so we don't get to eat at the Haunted Hamburger often but when we are near you can bet we will be there. We will be in Phoenix soon and we will drive the almost 2 hours just to eat at the Haunted Hamburger. It is well worth the drive and a memorial experience you don't want to miss.

Interlochen MI
“The View is great.....so is the food....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2005

Not a lot of restaurants are open weeknights in Jerome in April, but we still recommend the good old Haunted Hamburger anyway, hands down, great little spot. Reasons:
1) View.....we won't try to describe it. Just go there.
2) Staff....these are cheerful, bright, nice people who are professional and really seem to care if you have a great meal.
3) Menu....they have low-carb meals, among other choices. You can order a great burger, for example, without bun, with all the usual fixings...and these are good hamburgers...and then, instead of fries, have the best, freshest, quality ingredients salad on the side. Desserts looked awesome.
Plus, they have ribs some nights (rave reviews from my husband) , and good main dish salads. And a good selection of beers. And a nice mix of locals and tourists.
4) Prices: very good.
We were in Jerome for 4 nights and although we are not creatures of habit, we ate there every night. There were some other choices, but we figured, this place is great, reasonable prices, view fabulous....don't fight it, just go there sometime and enjoy yourselves.
Gail and Russ from Michigan

London, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2005

We visited here on a Wednesday evening. Wednesday is the buy one burger, get one free night. For just $13, we had two gigantic burgers and drinks. I had the haunted burger, which contained just about everything from chilis to onion rings. This place was quiet, but typical of this whole town. However, the quiet makes the town appealing (I'm told it's much busier during the summer months). Couldn't fault the service.