“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Bobby D's BBQ is a 90% scratch kitchen, family owned and operated. All of our meats are hand trimmed, rubbed and smoked on premise. We have delicious sandwiches, salads, and entrees. The specialty of the house is our slow-smoked, St. Louis cut spare ribs, they literally fall off the bone. We also feature a full bar, 8 microbrews on draft and a full service outdoor deck with bar.
Glendale, Arizona, United States
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Though it is a town icon, we thought this restaurant was average. The food was OK. Ambiance is lacking.

Visited December 2012

Tucson, AZ
“I was frozen, but lunch was nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

It was a super cold afternoon but we could smell the meats smoking around lunch time. I had read reviews online prior to our trip and I had BBQ on my mind.

I got the pulled pork sandwich (I don't do peppers or extra things) and it was tasty. The sauce was nice too.

My husband got one of more extreme sandwiches that had beef brisket and pulled pork in it. He got jalapenos on it as well and melted cheese too. He loved it. I tasted the beef and it was very delicious.

The prices were nice and so were the servers. We tried to sit outside on the enclosed patio, but it was just too cold of a day. It has a great view and the perfect small town feel. The police chief was having lunch at the counter when we were there.

Great choice on lunch.

Visited January 2013
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Great view, friendly service, excellent food! Pulled pork courses are divine!

Love the grill emitting fantastic aromas next to the terrace! The lunch there made the trip to Jerome worthwhile!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marana, Arizona
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Not my favorite. Probably won't go back. Views are great! People are friendly. We just don't love the BBQ flavor.

Visited May 2012
Tucson
“Smoked Chicken was undercooked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Bobby D's is a small restaurant,5 booths and counter service with patio seating (weather permitting) we were there in Dec and it was cold inside. Our waitress was friendly, but very busy, lunch was a half smoked chicken which was red, not pink and did not come off the bone, she never came back to check on our meals so I called her over before she brought the bill, she said it was the nature of smoking meat, I said I was familiar with the smoking process but this was under cooked, she disagreed.
The baked beans were very good, they also had run out of pulled pork & brisket when we were there at 1:30 pm. lunch was $62+ for 4 people.

• Visited December 2012