“Panoramic views, pleasant innkeeper and best peanut butter cookies in the world!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ghost City Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Ghost City Inn
You added Ghost City Inn to your Saves list
541 N. Main St., Jerome, AZ 86331   |
Special Deal
Always Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Jerome B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

The Ghost City Inn is a quaint B & B in Jerome, AZ. My family has stayed twice and enjoyed staying in 2 different rooms offered at this historical inn. Each visit we were welcomed by owner, Jackie Muma, with genuine warmth and excitement. In addition, this long time resident comes with a plethora of knowledge on the town of Jerome and surrounding areas. She always helps provide information on sites to see and recommendations on how to best make the most of time. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when in Jerome. Besides the egg and cheese souffle with green chili sour cream is reason alone to stay at this B & B, not to mention the home baked cookies that never run out.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've stay a night in Ghost Inn City in Jerome and it was perfect! The house is very well preserved, a traditional house and built in wood as all houses in Jerome, carefully decorated, each room has a different style, and you really feel all was made with love to make you feel confortable. I've stayed at the Verde Vista Room, lovely, with balcony over the valley. The bed was fabulous and the sheets were so soft and with better quality thatn mine at home.The homemade cookies, fresh every afternoon were delicious and the breakfast was really special at the level of a 5 stars hotel. The owners were very welcoming and kind, helpful any kind of tips., There was coffee and tea available all day for the guests. Everything was clean and quiet. My only regret is that it was the last day of my trip, otherwise I would have stayed longer. But I will come back as soon as possible! It was the best place where I've stayed among many travels and hotels!! I definetly reccomend it!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

For several years I visited the Verde Valley to see and care for my elderly parents. Each visit I treated myself with a stay at the Ghost City Inn in nearby Jerome. It's been 5 years since my last stay and it was like coming home. We were greeted by Jackie, the owner, and warm homemade cookies. The rooms all have private baths and each room is decorated with antiques and memorabilia of days gone by. Our room looked out over the verde valley, with 180 degrees of beautiful vista. The June temperature was pleasantly cool in the evening, a wonderful change from the hot Texas weather we'd left. Jackie steered us to a wonderful restaurant for dinner and after a very pleasant night we were served the most delicious breakfast of quiche, fresh fruit, luscious sausage and more. We stayed two nights and were able to visit the nearby Indian ruins, Sedona, the mine in Jerome and visit family, everything is within a short drive so we could be back in the cool air by evening. Obviously I can't say enough about this step back in time with all the ambiance and comfort you could ask for. Thanks again Jackie, I'll be back. Karen L.

• Stayed June 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I visited Jerome and stayed in the Ghost City Inn. We reserved the Northern Exposure room and loved it. The owner, Jackie, was there to greet us along with fantastic cookies and drinks after our drive up to Jerome. She walked us to our room and gave us information about the room and amenities. She was very nice and courteous to us and gave us suggestions for places to eat in Jerome. The bed was very comfortable and the room had personal touches that made us feel right at home. We walked through Jerome and enjoyed the shops and different historical places along the way. Breakfast was very good and had a nice variety of items to eat. My husband travels extensively during the year, in and out of hotels and he truly enjoyed the ambience and charm of the Ghost City Inn. We will definitely be back next summer for another visit.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Visiting Jerome for a wedding I happened upon The Ghost City Inn, which was a delightful experience across the board. The breakfast was delicious, fresh fruit and French toast to die for! The owner was gracious and friendly, very knowledgeable about the area and made excellent suggestions, she even sent info in advance by snail mail so I could book a train trip on a vintage train. My room was clean with a killer view of the valley and decorated in a fun and whimsical way that reflected the overall style of the town. I loved it and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor in the front, the view is stunning.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Carefree, Az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed in the Cowboy room. It was very small with a cheap hollow door. It had a nice bedstead. The bathroom was quaint and old fashioned. The back side of the house in particular needed paint badly. The second floor sitting room had flea market furniture. There were rules for when you could eat and penalties for late check in. (The host in in law enforcement.) Coffee was not available unti 7 AM; we like it at 6 AM. The hostess was more efficient than friendly-not much time for small talk. Small talk is a reason we like B&B's.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We booked our vacation in Jerome months in advance. We had no idea we would meet such special people like Jackie and Allen (the proprietors) moments after we arrived. The room felt like home, the breakfast far exceeded expectations. With cookies in the afternoon and engaging conversation each time we ran into the hosts and guests, the Ghost City Inn was harder to leave than home.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a perfect view of the Verde Valley and the sunrise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ghost City Inn? Share your experiences!