“Grand Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jerome Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Jerome Grand Hotel
You added Jerome Grand Hotel to your Saves list
200 Hill St., Jerome, AZ 86331   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Rimrock
“Grand Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

So much fun. Great views over the dramatic valley. Charming rooms. Friendly staff. And all in the mystique that is Jerome! Was only in town for the day so did not have time to exeperience all the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a romantic trip. It was pouring rain upon check in and the man at the front desk warmly welcomed us. It was our first time stay and we were celebrating our anniversary. I was so happy when the man told us they had upgraded us to the balcony room and even happier when I saw how gorgeous the view was. Green rolling hills, clouds and sky for miles! So romantic. It was the perfect place for my boyfriend to open up some champagne and ask me to marry him! Staff was amazing, room was gorgeous and the food at the Asylum was fantastic. We will be back every year for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Balcony room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

So much fun. We had a room with a balcony. Great views. The staff were friendly. Fun bar. The old funiture and fixtures in the room added to the charm and the bathrooms have been updated. We are going back in the fall.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is a charmer. Great view of the valley, colorful past, and staff was pleasant. The guest rooms we had were connecting rooms 33 and 31. The furnishings are extremely old and for what the prices are....you can tell the ownership capitalizes on the history and paranormal publicity rather than reinvesting in furnishings. I work in the hotel industry and hotels typically in this price range are much nicer in terms of furnishings . This was my first time to stay here and probably would not stay again, but I have eaten at the asylum (the restaurant) several times and I love the food. Next time I would pass on the hotel and stay at the Connor Hotel on main street which has much nicer rooms and just as colorful of a paranormnal history.

Room Tip: Lots of paranormal activity reported. Room 32 is pretty creepy based on its history so I would stay...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We headed out of Tucson to beat the summer heat. My first trip to Jerome and after living in AZ for over ten years I thought I knew the AZ little town vibe. It's a mixture of a small beach town feel and Bulgari. The curvy roads are nestled in a hillside that should have been abandoned for it's remoteness any where else. But in an area where soaring temps can ruin your motivation to go outside this sleepy little gem has it all. Great diners, amazing views, and dare I say...artisans making goods worth buying. That's right- craftsmanship, style, materials, all presented in stores with personalities as unique as the person who owns them. Who also work there and sell you the things they make. We tried to jump start the US economy with a unplanned spending spree.
As for the hotel, there are many to choose from but we went with the view at the Grand. All I can say is "get a balcony room". Period. You sit on your deck, unobstructed views across the valley to Sedona, the Who's "I can see for miles and miles" comes to mind as you sip your Blue Coat Gin martini. Watch summer monsoons roll in and feel the cool breeze, 75 degrees when the valley floor is in triple digits. Hear the click clack of the people walking down the open transom hallway. The elevator may or may not be working. Being that the hotel is built on the side of the hill- you'll be walking up and down the stairs a bit. Rooms are a little pricey, but considering the frequency with which we'll be in Jerome...worth the splurge.
At dusk head down to the hotel restaurant for a not uninspired delicious meal. The menu makes an effort to branch outside of the big steak mentality. Two of our meat eaters ordered the Tofu Sesame, I shared the NY Sirloin with tomatillo/horsradish. Inventive pairings, and a wine list to please any palette. For the Snob-du Vin, (like myself) a bottle of '06 Molly Dooker Carnival of Love is only $25 above retail. Not bad. If you order the local wines, a must is Paige Springs Vineyards. It is the only winery in AZ that has changed my mind regarding the inability to grow and make serious AZ wine. The '09 Chard is very good and in 3 years will be excellent (I'm hoping). We bought two bottles at $35 a pop.
Upon leaving the former hospital/insane asylum converted to a hotel, for breakfast we headed 1/2 mile into town down the precarious single lane road to the Mile High Diner. The waitress was cheerful, but not so much that you wanted to put her head into any of the vintage signage that adorns the interior. In fact, I resisted my temptation for the morning bloody and had a cup of joe with my family. The food was out fairly quickly considering a 7 top was seated and ordered just before us. I would order anything on the menu. We had the huevos rancheros and the sauce was great, beans were delicious, eggs as they should be. Good value- great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Pay for the view. Anything else is looking at the side of the mountain.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Billerica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Booked a room in February for June 2012...one week after booking (in February) called to cancel booking...Was told the only way to cancel was to send email...I did and forgot it....4 months later, in June got a call from the "owner" of the hotel informing me I failed to show up for my reservation and my cc would be charged...Advised him I cancelled by email...he informed me that they did not accept email cancellations.....

long story shore, this place is run by a nut and scam artist. Never give them your credit card number. Stay a long way away......

Room Tip: Stay awayt
Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Montgomery
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My Daughter and I stayed at this Hotel while visiting Arizona. The views from the location of the Hotel are spectacular but you can see the view from inside the room nor is there any veranda or porch to sit on anywhere in the hotel. The feature that was the best is the old elevator. It added charm and authenticity to the place. We did not experience anything in the way of supernatural events. We thought the rooms were overpriced for what the hotel offered..or did not offer. Next time we will stay next door and just go to the Hotel for the tour.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Jerome Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!