“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour

Type: Observation Decks/ Towers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dear Grand Canyon West Visitors, If you are planning to drive to Grand Canyon West in a rental car or your own vehicle, please be aware that 9 miles of Diamond Bar Road belong to Mohave County. They are not paved, but graded and maintained by the County. Please take this into consideration when planning your trip.Once arriving at Grand Canyon West, a Legacy Package (Day Tour) is purchased which includes a hop-on hop-off shuttle to the three viewpoints; Hualapai Ranch, Guano Point and Eagle Point, home of the Grand Canyon Skywalk and the Native American Village with live Native American performances. All private vehicles park at the main terminal and visit these viewpoints via the hop-on hop-off shuttle. The Skywalk may be viewed from Eagle Point and tickets to 'Walk the Skywalk' are sold separately.Thank you for your attention.
Schroon Lake, New York
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We took the tour from Las Vegas which did stop at the Hoover Dam on the return. There were some remote roads, but the Joshua Tree forest was explained and we knew just how remote this
accomplishment by the tribe really is. I suspect that is part of the intent. The Tribe is very proud of the site. The gift shop informed me they choose their books with historical accuracy. The hot lunch provided at the rim a few yards from the site was welcoming to the weary traveler whom who left Vegas early. The tribal cost of the actual skywalk was less than $30. The access to the skywalk shows it is still a work in progess, but the actual engineering was complete, an awesome structure with views. It was clear that safety was a concern. Great detail given to protecting the glass and numbers on the skywalk at any given time. It's a once in a lifetime cultural experience.

Visited February 2012

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Interesting and a good time...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I did not think the skywalk was a waste of time like most of the reviews on here. I guess I did expect it to be touristy so I was prepared. It was nice to say I've done that. Price was not an issue because I went with a tour company and everything was all included for really cheap... I did see the prices if you went there without a tour and it was pretty ridiculous. I had a great time. Went in the off season so there were no lines, and the prices were good. What I would do if you go to the hualapai reservation is no go to the ranch. Now that was stupid.

connecticut
10 attraction reviews
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Awesome!!
We have never been to any areas of the Grand Canyon so we traveled to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. It was an easy, if somewhat uninteresting, 2 ½ hour drive. (If we had more time we would have stopped at the Hoover Dam, next time!) The last 20 miles of road leading to the reservation are on a gravel, bumpy road – we actually thought it was fun. There are no cars allowed past a certain point on the reservation so a shuttle bus took us to the stop for the Skywalk .
It was a picture perfect day and no one hurried us along once we were on the Skywalk. You’re not allowed to take anything out with you (there are free lockers) and photographers will take your picture/s with no obligation to buy.
It was absolutely worth the trip, the scenery alone is magnificent, but to have the opportunity to walk out & look down in to the Grand Canyon was unbelievable. And what a feat of engineering! I thought the Skywalk would be larger and go out farther based on pictures I’d seen but no complaints and so happy I had the chance to do it! I’d go again in a minute.
*Not for those afraid of heights
**If you’re going from Las Vegas there is a time zone change going in to Arizona, +1 hour.

Visited January 2013
Chelsea, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Buyer beware - please read before you go! I wish I had...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Of all the things I have ever traveled to do, of all the things I have ever looked forward to doing, this was ROCK BOTTOM. If you want to go, please beware that you will treated to the cheesiest view of the Grand Canyon imaginable and it will cost you over $100 per person and a day of your life that you will never get back. If you are in Vegas and you want to see the Grand Canyon, do yourself a favor: either payup for a helicopter tour from Vegas or change your mind about the whole thing. At the very least, if you must go, pay up and go with someone like PinkJeep that will at least remove the hassle factor. This is a cheesy, 1-star, hyped-up experience that is better viewed via a post card.

Visited December 2012
paulib32
36 attraction reviews
“Spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was an amazing place to go and see the Grand Canyon in all its glory. The skywalk itself is a bit of a gimmick and is on the pricey side. To be honest you don't need to go on it as you can pay just to go up to it and then stand as close to the edge of the canyon that you dare! We spent around $220 by the time we had gone up and paid for photos. First tip, you cannot take your own camera onto the skywalk, you have to leave it in a locker (they scan you so you can't hide one either) when on the walk there are some photographers who snap away and you view them when you go back into the gift shop. Ask to look when they take a photo on their camera as some seem to be better at photography than others and some of our pictures were awful, managed to get 4 that were ok. Second tip, there is approx 20 miles of road that is made up of rocks! You cannot drive faster than 10mph and its worst if you get stuck behind a coach. My convertible did not like this bit of road! Definitely worth going up, not sure about the skywalk itself though?

Visited November 2012